2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Free Dance

samson

Medalist
The internet where I am is too slow for live feed, so I appreciate the commentary! At this point the US is guaranteed a medal! I really hope we see H/B on top though!!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
McNamara/Carpenter looked like they had a decent performance to me. They remind me SO MUCH of a young Davis/White! It's ironic they idolize Virtue/Moir, although the very very end of their program did look clearly influenced by Virtue/Moir's Carmen to me.

yes a mini Davis / White, the next American dancer greats after D/W
not the overhyped H/B

caitie

Medalist
Whoa, the Canadians went ahead of M/C. I'm surprised tbh. Their TES score was two points lower the last I paid attention to it.

So I don't think M/C will get a medal after all.

caitie

Medalist
OMG the Russians do their twizzles first off, and they still sucked. I really thought the juniors would be better at twizzles for some reason, but they have ben generally painful, even in the middle of footwork.

The performance got better and better, though. Well done. Their TES is about 4.5 points higher than the highest I remember seeing. (The TES box is sort of awkward, I've realized, because like M/C had 40 something TES, but then the team who passed them had 38, so now it says Leader: 38... they just need to get rid of it IMO.)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
E/P getting higher PCS than M/C is a joke

M/C should have medaled, oh well they are the only top junior eligible next season again
then they can win GPF and 2015 Junior Worlds

caitie

Medalist
Super high score for the Russians. I think H/B have their work cut out for them. Hope they let the pressure raise their level!

Twizzles look good!

Dots

Final Flight
Crap! Balkov is there?

Well there go my favorites and their chances!!! :scowl:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Super high score for the Russians. I think H/B have their work cut out for them. Hope they let the pressure raise their level!

he needs more protein first if he intends to lift Hawayek
that is the problem

caitie

Medalist
They look like they are doing so well to me, but good lord their TES score is lagging so much behind the Russians...

There it is! It's just a few tenths of a point lower now! I think they will win!

Aw, they look so happy with their performance. I would be absolutely stunned if they didn't win when their scores come in, their TES is holding, and they have a cushion from the short dance.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
M/C's total score is behind E/P by just over a point, or just about the deduction they got (probably extended lift?)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
too bad its all over once once its seniors for them
speed, power and difficult lifts should always be favored

caitie

Medalist
YESSSS. They won!!!

So deserved. It was an absolutely beautiful free dance, and they skated both of their programs so well.

Too bad about M/C, though. I honestly would have had them in front of the Canadians, especially since they were a bit ahead after the short dance. They should be kicking themselves over that deduction.

caitie

Medalist
lift lift lifts !!

Did you hear the ISU is going to take away one of the lifts from the free dance. They want less focus on lift acrobatics, more on dancing where H/B's height similarity will help instead of hinder them.