2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

zamboni step

Final Flight
Anne-Line looks terrified of her jumps, she crawls into them. her doubles are as high as her triples. :eek: I like her style but here she just looked scared.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Going out to get something to eat now, will come back for the final group. This is so heart breaking, just like yesterday. How can we survive I don't know. Haven't eaten anything today. :bang:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR)

Music: Westside Story by Leonard Bernstein

Dark pink lace dress w/ pink fabric strips on body

3Lo - forward, hangs on
2S+2T+2Lo
3T
3Lo - fall, no combo, looked < in replay
CCoSp
FCSp
StSq
2A - low, hangs on a bit
3S+2T
2A - low, bit eeked out
ChSt - spiral, steps, fan
CSSp

Had to fight a bit for it. Her jumps are very small and she has to muscle them out, so not great.

FS: 38.81+42.74-1.00 = 80.55, 130.03, in 2nd (out of 2)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anne-Line looks terrified of her jumps, she crawls into them. her doubles are as high as her triples. :eek: I like her style but here she just looked scared.
I've seen off ice jumps with more carry. Today in fact!!

zamboni step

Final Flight
I've seen off ice jumps with more carry. Today in fact!!

Doesn't help that her knees are stiff on the landings and she doesn't really check the landings....

If I were Popova's coach I'd chase after her with a hockey stick during her run-throughs, she has a lot of potential but she's sooooo slooooow. Her jumps are nice when they work and her spins are great even without the speed and power going into them.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I always feel despair for skaters like Popova,

Who because they don't represent Russia will never get to thrive with the best training and Politics :\

But then again, Lots of Russians will never go International ...

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't help that her knees are stiff on the landings and she doesn't really check the landings....

If I were Popova's coach I'd chase after her with a hockey stick during her run-throughs, she has a lot of potential but she's sooooo slooooow. Her jumps are nice when they work and her spins are great even without the speed and power going into them.
Can't stop laughing. I do that when I work with hockey players. It works. I've never dared take my hockey stick onto Freestyle time:think:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
you posted that before I saw it happen. I may have to ignore you. Sorry

Sorry! I'm watching on the bigsports eurosport stream and compared with the posts from when Gjersem was skating I thought my stream was actually lagging by a bit..

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: La Bayadere by Leon Minkus

Pink/purple ombre dress w/ gold lace detail on right side

3F - almost had it, fell
3Lo - okay, held on a bit
3T+2T+2T
FCSp
CCoSp
3T+2T - turnout in between
3S+2T
3S - turnout
2A - twofoot, hard fall, looked <<
StSq
ChSt - spiral (Y - half biellman), split
LSp

Not a great skate: 2 falls and lots of iffy landings. She looks mad at herself

FS: 42.05+44.68-2.00 = 84.73, 135.05, in 2nd (out of 3)

lady_bee

Medalist
It is funny, while BBC is about 2 min later than Japanese Feeding, Fuji on You-tube, CBC is few second earlier than Fuji.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I certainly am not trying to discourage anyone from posting. I'll be in drone mode when that final group comes on anyway.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Doesn't everyone? I like to think of the Korean Olympic team as an Asian "Destiny's Child" Yu-Na was Beyoncé (obviously), Park was Kelly and Hae-Jin.....was Michelle.

And where does Kwak Min-Jeong fit in? Is she LaTavia or LeToya?

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Once more thumbs up to the audience. I actually believe the kind reaction motivates the skaters to do better than they would've done without them.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Something about Kim always seems messy to me, doesn't help that all her jumps are very questionable in rotation and she stalks her jumps so much I wouldn't be surprised if they had a restraining order.