2015 Cup of China Mens SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Mens SP

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Is Boyang Jin the best male jumper ever?

Well, he's pulled off the hardest combination ever performed, so arguably he is. Depends on how you define best - if you mean consistency, probably Plushenko. If you mean quality, maybe Yagudin or Hanyu. If you mean difficulty, Jin (with Hanyu a close second with some of the transitions he does into his).

Jin is also the first ever skater to perform 3 different quads at some point in his career (in a competitive environment). We'll see if he can be the first to do 3 different quads - and 4 total quads - in the same program tomorrow! (Even if he lands "just" 3 quads, it would be a first in terms of most clean quads in a competition - 5, possibly 6). It's insane. Especially given his other jumping passes are triple axels, 3F+3S series, 3Z+3T combo.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Boyang Jin was quite good on presentation because this SP is an old program. It is 3 years old now. First it was his EX, last year it was his SP and this year it is his SP too. Now... he better gets a new SP soon so that his presentation gets noticeable prior to Olympics.:dev3:
Just went to Wiki to check- it says two years old. Anyways, you get my point.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Is Boyang Jin the best male jumper ever?

I think that's too ultimate of a question to answer for now- in terms of difficulty he tops the list, but in terms of transitions/steps and flow-out there are better. He has good lift in his jumps though, and to quote Kurt Browning from jr. worlds he has a "self-awareness in the air" in his jumps that makes them look effortless. So for now, at least, I say no. Mostly because he's still young and not every aspect of his jumping is ideal.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Tell me who has done a high-quality 4Lz-3T and a 4T in the SP before? None.

He IS the best male jumper.

Yes, none, but as CSG perfectly explained, it depends on what you consider best: consistency, quality, dfficulty... If landing the most difficult combination is your criteria then he is the best jumper. :) I think he's an extraordinary talent and what a great 4Lz that was, but I want to see him throughout the season to formulate an opinion and not just base myself on a single competition.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Also, can you imagine what the Worlds podium could look like this season, eh? Boyang :ddevil: and two :scratch2::scratch2: men. :rofl2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Boyang will beat Hanyu and Chan very, very soon.......
There's a Chan vs Hanyu thread out there, but who knows if Boyang, with his crazy jumping content, will finish ahead at Worlds, especially when both falter (which is very possible).
Well if Boyang fails his quads (which he has bombed some times in the past) there is not much to watch. :gaah:

If top men, Patrick, Yuzuru, Javi, Denis... Or even Jason... If they fail their quads, there's still a lot to see from them. :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Tell me who has done a high-quality 4Lz-3T and a 4T in the SP before? None.
He IS the best male jumper.
Where are the transitions before jumps? :handw: And where is the flow in the landing? And look at how he hooked up his 3A. There is more to appreciate about a jump than just rotation and take off. :rofl2:

wokulski

Match Penalty
Well if Boyang fails his quads (which he has bombed some times in the past) there is not much to watch. :gaah:

If top men, Patrick, Yuzuru, Javi, Denis... Or even Jason... If they fail their quads, there's still a lot to see from them. :popcorn:

Jason ,Denis or even Javi(always the same LP)are boring as hell

Where are the transitions before jumps? :handw: And where is the flow in the landing? And look at how he hooked up his 3A. There is more to appreciate about a jump than just rotation and take off. :rofl2:

Jason and Javi flow in the landing?dont be kidding,todays javi 4S had no nice landing

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Only just seen the Mens SP... so I'm a bit late to the party...

For the predictions game, I was counting on the Eladj Balde that we saw winning Nebelhorn, in emphatic style.
WHO WAS THAT IMPOSTER TODAY? Redemption tomorrow please Eladj, for your pride.

Great to see Song Nan delivering a good performance... really wish Dornbush and Ge could have done the same... Voronov's consistency puts him in contention for the podium YET AGAIN!

Boyang Jin... OMG that 4Lz! In combination...! *goggle*
OK, he's not "the complete package" right now, but if he can land jumps like that consistently, he's got a platform to build on that could take him right to the top in the future.

Loved Fernandez' program! I really want to see him reach the GP final, and perform that to his home crowd in Barcelona... what a showcase for Spain that would be!

Can't wait for tomorrow... as usual in the mens competition, anything could happen!!! :-D

Last edited:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Looking at his current performance and the videos of his skating when he was a junior in 2011, it seems Boyang has some kind of musicality but just doesn't know yet how to express them through his arms and carriage. Hopefully, his coach would be wise to send him to a training camp or choreographer who could polish him up a bit.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Good Morning from Cal. Hey guys, Who is Grant Hochstein? I swear if that guy had a mask on it could have been Ross Miner. Are they Coached or Choreographed by the same people? I can't believe how many skaters I don't recognize this year. :drama:

lavender

Record Breaker
Once again I'm in love with Javier's short program but not loving the long. Why can't they do a long like his short from last year or this year. Still ecstatic for his skate and score...amazing.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Jin is not just "jumps", his skating skills are great, his energy and stamina incredible, his spins and step sequence are both excellent, his spins are definitely better than Javier's. His weakness is poorly choreographed programs and a lack of sophistication in his delivery. I'm almost afraid to watch his Dragon Racing...there are a few silly gestures and moves in there, even if he were to nail his jumps.

He really needs some international coaching.

Love Javier's SS, but I prefer his older SPs, those had great energy, better transitions into jumps. Look forward very much to his FP. Bar some terrible falls, he'll beat Jin hands down (heheh...I do mean it literally).

Still love to watch Yan Han, such a beautiful skater, I hope he comes back next year with better programs.