2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I do. I'm going to boldly, madly declare that I'd have the placements:
1) Sui/Han - 2nd SP, 1st LP
2) Duhamel/Radford - 1st SP, 2nd LP
3) Peng/Zhang - 3rd SP, 4th LP (but ahead of Pang/Tong overall)

Now let the pitchforks fly... I don't really care at this point. :cry: :laugh:

Haha no D\R didn't lose this event silly,

No need for Pitchforks.

micnow

Rinkside
I really want to know what the chinese coaches think about this judging, especially Zhao Hongbo. Does he agree?

skatemouse

On the Ice
:yay:

Uh oh. Denny went down on the first sbs jumps and singled (?) the next, I think

I'm curious but in the slowmo video after they skate before their score 7:19 approx in time you can plainly see Frazier TWO FOOT his sal but he never gets called for it. In fact only at Nationals short did I not see it but he has done it all year. Her fall is understandable she is pretty solid with it but even when he does a sal he always puts his left toe in? I am not sure but should that be marked down every time? Is it under-rotated? Does anyone know?? I am just curious why he never ever gets marked on it and how he would fix it also. Is he dropping a shoulder or something? They have a beautiful program and look but that seems to be a chronic problem and I am worried they may never fix it, although they never get marked down for a two foot landing or Under rotated so maybe he doesn't have to? Other teams pop or fall on sal but I would rather see that then a two foot left toe pick in it bothers me. I thought on the whole it was a better skate even with the fall then Nats although the single axel before the double they both did looked planned? Maybe it was giving them troubles? Would be interesting to know though. They both did single axel? I thought they ended strong.

whatif

Medalist
D/R looked rough today. And I still never understand how they get 70PCS??? Still they are impossible to beat at Worlds by anyone. I was comparing K/S Euros scoresheet to D/R's and it still 10 points lead. I wonder now which Russian and which Chinese teams will fill the rest of the podium in Shanghai.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Maybe it's because i'm not an expert, but I fail to see how p/z are higher in PCS than s/h constantly. Maybe in ss, but can't see why in everything else. Well, bin yao obviously favors them far more than s/h (he was so posses in the k&c when s/h won the bronze in gpf), so there's that, I guess.

whatif

Medalist
Maybe it's because i'm not an expert, but I fail to see how p/z are higher in PCS than s/h constantly. Maybe in ss, but can't see why in everything else. Well, bin yao obviously favors them far more than s/h (he was so posses in the k&c when s/h won the bronze in gpf), so there's that, I guess.

i think it has to do with the way S/H look on the ice compared to P/S. The height is a big factor when it comes to impression which reflects in PCS.

s_parks

Record Breaker
i think it has to do with the way S/H look on the ice compared to P/S. The height is a big factor when it comes to impression which reflects in PCS.

Yeah, I get that, but it's so ridiculous. Sorry if I sound too conspiracy theory-ish, but it kinda helps that bin yao/the chinese fed likes p/z.

apple123

On the Ice

How many times do we need to go through this? S/H skate big, just like Dai or Moir or many many relatively short skater. Height is not an issue as long as two partners look great together. Besides, S/H are not that small. Sui is the same height as Duhamel. Why do the judges not lowball D/R for that? So stop this nonsense.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm so sad for Sui/Han!!! They skated so beautifully and I consider it a break through in presentation, tso mature, and so different from their previous style. That spin was absolutely beautiful. Isn't it to rush the judging on them? They should have the silver IMO

Meoima

Match Penalty
But don't worry, S/H is young so maybe his coaches and the judges save their chances for the futurel

s_parks

Record Breaker
But don't worry, S/H is young so maybe his coaches and the judges save their chances for the futurel

True. I do forget how young they still are. Wow, denney/frazier, tarasova/morozov, and Aaron/settlage are the same age as them.

slider11

Medalist
I agree! Luba and Dylan look like they are having fun and creating a great foundation. I "see" Dylan alot more now. The breakup with MT might have been the best thing for him.
I love this team too! Still lots to work on, especially timing and her SBS jumps, but they are a real treat to watch. I also like how they've really developed a style that's unique to them, rather than Dylan simply plugging her into Kirsten's place. It's a real partnership where they both bring something to it. And Dylan has become much more elegant.

shine

Record Breaker

For me, in general. Peng is clearly a much better skating than Sui. Not sure why it's so hard to see. And I don't feel real musicality from S/H as I do from P/Z

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I love S/H, my heart still says they were the best team overall. But if we break down the PCS segments, there is a good argument for P/Z winning SS, CH, and TR marks in the LP. S/H's LP has many movements and elements that really don't go with the music: lots of stroking around as the music crescendos, doing big elements when the music is at a lull, ect. It's a shame, because the music itself could've worked for them. Choreographed well, it could've been their Manfred. Instead... let's just say I feel the same way about this program as many people feel about Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's LP.

P/Z's LP, on the other hand, was the perfect vehicle for them. Even things like the death spiral and combination spin fit impeccably with the changes of the music. In light of their opening fall, I would give PE to S/H. Maybe INT as well for the same reason.

I do have issues with the SP judging: Both performed well, both had great programs, and S/H did the more difficult elements. They should've been ahead there, and equal/higher in PCS. I wouldn't put it down to conspiracy though; I'd put it down to the usual "early group PCS" (the same thing happened, in reverse, at the GPF LP).

If it's really due to Federation/judges politicking for one team at the expense of the other... That's stupid. Why can't they recognize that China has two top teams, and just judge who was better on the night? :confused2:

s_parks

Record Breaker
If it's really due to Federation/judges politicking for one team at the expense of the other... That's stupid. Why can't they recognize that China has two top teams, and just judge who was better on the night? :confused2:
Because to bin yao, there is no such thing. I respect the man for bringing Chinese pairs to the top, but he's so clearly biased against teams not named p/z and p/t. To be honest, the fed would've probably found a way to send p/z to Sochi even if s/h had done better than them that season.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Bummed that S/H spin got invalidated, but I think this is a good step for them. I hope this lit up a fire for them going to worlds. They did well in 4cc last year and not so well at Worlds. I hope this will be the opposite for them. I still see them as the potential bronze medalist there.

As for Pang/Tong, I don't even care she missed the jump lol. The moment where they did their side by side spiral and she drifts away is my everything :love:

skating-lover

Spectator
P/T's program is, for me, the most memorable in recent years. The emotion, the lyricism, the interpretation of the music.... No other program touched me so deeply--- (only one or two from Michelle Kwan years ago had that magic.)

As I was watching it, I thought about their career, their injuries, their love and commitment to each other, and love and life in general. I forgot it was just a figure skating competition. I was tasting love and life :)

Happy Valentine ! ! !

Last edited:

magicrider

Rinkside
So, a woman who is short and actually athletic can't be feminine? Really?! Maybe we should all let ourselves become out of shape , athletically , and just work on the simpering side of femininity? I watch the ladies who skate pairs, both short and tall, and see the femininity glowing through their athleticism.

Last edited:

magicrider

Rinkside
Ladies to admire!

I am the minority here. There is something with Lubov I cannot really enjoy--her posture and even facial expression remind me of Megan D, that little boy skating kind of feel...
So, a woman who is short and actually athletic can't be feminine? Really?! Maybe we should all let ourselves become out of shape , athletically , and just work on the simpering side of femininity? I watch the ladies who skate pairs, both short and tall, and see the femininity glowing through their athleticism.:clap: