2015 Skate America Pairs Free Skate Oct 24 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs Free Skate Oct 24

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, there was some generous scoring for american ladies is short too...
I bet there are like 5 russian judges in all the pannels, something like that must be

robredo40

On the Ice
Doesn`t matter in couple years from now they won`t be a US couple anywhere near Seguin and Bilodeau future national champions and world medalists.

whatif

Medalist
Scimeca had no business getting 70 in that SP either. Just bull crockery. Mordovian Ornament, my ***!!!!

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Are S/K punished for not skating to worlds? Sure they had mistakes but they were so much better than the americans S/K (who not only should be far behind on PCS but today they skated so messy I just don't get their TES either). WTH?!? (I refuse to mention the Canadians who should have been a solid second here

To be fair, S /K had a messy sp and a subpar fs so I sort of get why they are fourth.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, it's Skate AMERICA, so I'm not that shocked. But congrats to Sui/Han :cheer: I was counting for ther amazing quad throw though....

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
At least I see that my reaction has been shared by many :laugh: The silver was clearly for the Canadians tonight but, again, a case could be made even against their surpassing the Russians for less than a point (even if they evidently skated better)... After all, IJS is all about adding points :shrug:

Weathergal

Medalist
I was a bit surprised at Scimeca and Knierem's FS score. Would have thought lower, which would have them with bronze. The one that also surprises me is Stolbova and Klimov being second in the FS. I think the Canadians were better in the FS.

JayW

Final Flight
Congrats Sui/Han !! First GP Win!! OMG who's that translator Tatinana, isn't she Russian? Amazing she can speak Mandarin.

Rather self critical and humble, good answers.

At leaset Sui/Han's win is totally deserving!

Tatiana's Mandarin is quite good.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The only thing that might suck is if Julien and Charlie miss a spot for the GPF for being 3rd and not 2nd here

Mirunna

Record Breaker
To be fair, S /K had a messy sp and a subpar fs so I sort of get why they are fourth.

It wasn't that "subpar". A fall on a big element (like Sui/Han) and a step-out.
The rest was very good including 3T-3T-2T.
The american S/K kind of bombed IMO

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm okay with the podium because of Scimeca/Knierim's lead from the short...but I definitely would have had Seguin/Bilodeau second.

whatif

Medalist
I love S/B. My favourite Candians, ever. but they PCS should not be even in the same universe as Stolbova. Just completely different levels. They will get there though.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I think all medalists are happy with their medals. Congrats to them all. So happy for Sguin/Bilodeau doing so well here... and Sui/Han for world champions, I hope!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I LOVED Julianne and Charlie! They didn't really stand out to me last season, but they've improved vastly. Good for them!

We thought Alexa and Chris would be 4th after that skate, but I was happy they didn't. #UnashamedPatriot :cool:

Sui/Han were very enjoyable as well. Good skate from them.