2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

mrrice

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I love gabby too. However, I don't see the comparison to Surya unless you're speaking only about the jumps. She always reminded of Sylvia Fontana. This isn't the best picture but, it will give the idea. http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/sport/pattinaggio/200103/22/3aba3c66066d9/Fontana.jpg

Yes Mr. Rice, the similarities are striking with Fontana. I believe silverlake22 is comparing Gabby's gymnastic abilities as being similar to Surya's. Like Surya, Gabby was a gymnast before becoming a figure skating.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes Mr. Rice, the similarities are striking with Fontana. I believe silverlake22 is comparing Gabby's gymnastic abilities as being similar to Surya's. Like Surya, Gabby was a gymnast before becoming a figure skating.

Now I get it. Gabby was just doing those back flips with Kurt and Mark, right?

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Perfume

Match Penalty
Pairs is first so it's most likely pairs will be split. If both ladies have strong seasons then the ladies will also split the programs. That brings us to 6 athletes. The rest will have to be decided from that. I am not sure ice dance will get split.
I think they should save the ladies and the pairs. Men and ice dance can repeat.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I was lying in bed last night and realized that Canadian ladies actually have three spots at the Olympics this year (I am correct? Since Gabby was 3rd and Kaetlyn 2nd at Worlds?). That is so awesome... I was worried Chartrand (as the probable 3rd finisher at next year's Nats) would be left at home.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was lying in bed last night and realized that Canadian ladies actually have three spots at the Olympics this year (I am correct? Since Gabby was 3rd and Kaetlyn 2nd at Worlds?). That is so awesome... I was worried Chartrand (as the probable 3rd finisher at next year's Nats) would be left at home.

They do. Canada actually had the lowest total placements, with 2+3=5. Next is Russia with 1+8=9, and the US with 4+7=11.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Welcome to 1992 Blue, and 2017 misses you ;)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The 2017 Super Series Victoria Day is coming up this month during the Victoria Day long weekend. It's streamed online via Skate Canada BC/YK's Dailymotion, and the videos are archived on their YouTube channel.

Web site: http://www.skatinginbc.com/competitions/super-series/2017-super-series-victoria-day

From the entry list I'm seeing Emma Bulawka & Vasilisa Matantseva have moved up to juniors. Mckenna Colthorp will be skating senior. Larkyn Austman is also signed up.

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The 2017 Super Series in Victoria is coming up this month during the Victoria Day long weekend. It's streamed online via Skate Canada BC/YK's Dailymotion, and the videos are archived on their YouTube channel.

Web site: http://www.skatinginbc.com/competitions/super-series/2017-super-series-victoria-day

From the entry list I'm seeing Emma Bulawka & Vasilisa Matantseva have moved up to juniors. Mckenna Colthorp will be skating senior. Larkyn Austman is also signed up.

Victoria is the Day (time), Surrey (a suburb of Vancouver) is the place. That makes a big difference to anyone who is thinking of going, since getting on and off Vancouver Island on a holiday weekend is problematic.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Nana Pat thanks for catching the typo. I did indeed mean to type something else & have corrected the post. Tessa seems to have deleted the original tweet.

Here is Kaitlyn Weaver with Ksenia Stolbova: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTp3nv_Asqg/

Tonight is the SOI Toronto show. Anyone going to be there? It looks like Tessa & Scott will be performing their Prince SD.
Japanese ice dancer Kana Muramoto saw last night's show in Windsor and was quite impressed.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Nana Pat thanks for catching the typo. I did indeed mean to type something else & have corrected the post. Tessa seems to have deleted the original tweet.

Here is Kaitlyn Weaver with Ksenia Stolbova: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTp3nv_Asqg/

Tonight is the SOI Toronto show. Anyone going to be there? It looks like Tessa & Scott will be performing their Prince SD.
Japanese ice dancer Kana Muramoto saw last night's show in Windsor and was quite impressed.

I wanted to go but unfortunately none of my friends were free, I heard the SD has been reworked into an Exhibition and people enjoyed it immensely. Next year, I will attend again for sure. Past 2 years I did and I met Piper Gilles both times during the intermission. Always a good time.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
My non-skating-fan friend's parents went to the Toronto SOI show.

Only thing I heard was "Apparently Osmond was fast and Duhamel/Radford messed up a triple throw."

:laugh2: