2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Junior Ladies SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
elizaveta kulik: I couldn't tell if she did a 3lz or 3f followed by a 2t or 3t? I couldn't tell honestly
3loop (fall)
2axel
I think she's skating to Medvedeva's lp music from last season
score: 48.36

Liza's jump layout from Sectionals was

3F-2T
3L
2A

So it's probably the same. Also, the music is the same composer as Medvedeva's, but from a different movie. Zhenya's was from W.E. and Liza's is Romeo and Juliet.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
haley beavers up next..

3toe-3toe(UR)
I think music is Don Quiote?
woah, I think she had to fix her hair bun...
3loop(popped)
2axel
score: 44.29

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
that's it for the ladies short program. Does anyone knows what's next? I see them filling up the holes on the ice.....I want to take a break, laughs.

So far, I like Starr Andrews and Kaitlyn Nguyen (if only this girl had rohene Ward to choreograph for her, lol....needs more strength in her skating, she's so petite), and Emmy Ma (even though she didn't have a 3-3, she had a very mature and polish skate), and Alexia paganini (I don't know what happened...but she scored so low, I thought she would be in 2nd or 3rd).

by theway, what happened to Ashley Kim?? (was hoping to see her...is she still injured?)

KatGrace1925

Medalist
that's it for the ladies short program. Does anyone knows what's next? I see them filling up the holes on the ice.....I want to take a break, laughs.

So far, I like Starr Andrews and Kaitlyn Nguyen (if only this girl had rohene Ward to choreograph for her, lol....needs more strength in her skating, she's so petite), and Emmy Ma (even though she didn't have a 3-3, she had a very mature and polish skate), and Alexia paganini (I don't know what happened...but she scored so low, I thought she would be in 2nd or 3rd).

by theway, what happened to Ashley Kim?? (was hoping to see her...is she still injured?)

Junior short dance is next.

bytheriver

On the Ice
Emmy was a big surprise for me - I never would have guessed that she would be leading after the short. Typically I'm a jump queen, I live for skaters trying the hardest jumps possible, but she has so much polish and grace that I am happy to see her in first.

Starr had a lot of energy, hoping she can bring that to the free skate. I would have put Alexia in third over Kaitlyn based on the short programs I saw, but I can see them wanting to reward a very young up-and-comer with a clean 3Lz-3T.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
since I am a new subscriber of ice network, does this mean, i get to watch the competitions on repeat? not just live, correct?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Ashley Kim withdrew due to injury was was replaced by Madalyn Moree.

Alexia's issue was doubling her lutz which lost her at least 4 points (2Lz-3T is 6.40 vs 3Lz-3T is 10.30) and then her PCS.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RESULTS JUNIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAM (no bonus points)

1- 60.31 35.02 25.29 0.00 Emmy MA 3lo, 3z+2t, 2a
2- 57.83 34.46 23.37 0.00 Starr ANDREWS 3t+3t, 3lo, 2a
3- 57.80 35.91 21.89 0.00 Kaitlyn NGUYEN 3z+3t, 3lo, 2a
4- 52.90 31.01 21.89 0.00 Alexia PAGANINI 2z+3t, 3lo, 2a
5- 52.38 29.15 23.23 0.00 Ashley LIN 2a, 3t+3t<<, 3lo
6- 52.37 32.43 20.94 1.00 Maxine Marie BAUTISTA 3t+3t, 3lo, 2a↓
7- 49.65 27.71 21.94 0.00 Nina OUELLETTE 3z+2t, 3lo<, 2a
8- 48.36 28.79 20.57 1.00 Elizaveta KULIK 3f+2t, 3lo↓, 2a
9- 44.84 22.61 22.23 0.00 Brynne McISAAC 2a, 3f<-nc, 3lo<
10- 44.29 23.26 21.03 0.00 Haley BEAVERS 3t+3t<, 1lo*, 2a
11- 42.76 23.74 20.02 1.00 Madalyn MOREE 3z<↓-nc, 2a, 3lo<
12- 42.60 22.80 19.80 0.00 Shannon PORTER 3lo, 3f<+2t, 2a<

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nguyen is promising but since she just turned 13 anything can happen in the next few years but nice to see her going for the 3-3's which are needed to contend now in Juniors. I'm sure as she gets older she will gain more speed and power.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I really wish I could see this competition. It sounds like Liza Kulik had a fall which is too bad. How was her skating otherwise? I'm also sad that I have never seen or heard of Emma Ma. I can't wait to see her program.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really wish I could see this competition.

I feel ya! I'm traveling for the next week or so. I'm gonna miss all of US Nats so I'm just relying on reading posts when I get some down time. :sadface:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I really wish I could see this competition. It sounds like Liza Kulik had a fall which is too bad. How was her skating otherwise? I'm also sad that I have never seen or heard of Emma Ma. I can't wait to see her program.

If you want some hint of how the skaters did, the general results page is linked in the first post and if you go to the Junior Ladies SP page and hit the + sign next to any skater, you can see the protocols right there.

(I didn't watch so I can't give descriptions)

mrrice

Record Breaker
If you want some hint of how the skaters did, the general results page is linked in the first post and if you go to the Junior Ladies SP page and hit the + sign next to any skater, you can see the protocols right there.

(I didn't watch so I can't give descriptions)

Holy Cow.....Thank you so much. Again, I learn something new after all these years. :thank:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Holy Cow.....Thank you so much. Again, I learn something new after all these years. :thank:

Something that might be helpful for you is just to click around pages like IceNetwork, the USFS homepage, the ISU page, Sylvia's Unseen Skaters site, etc when you have downtime. You'll be able to learn a lot more and not have to wait for someone to answer your questions here!