2018 Four Continents Ladies FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Ladies FS

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Has Japan already announced their team for 2019 Four Continents?

No. But when they do you will know it!
(Chris setting up two cruises, two figure skating events, and many other trips....hey...
WHERE IS NATIONALS 2020??????
You can always tell an old person cause time flys so fast we have to keep ahead of the game.
If you are six, it takes FOREVER to get to 7!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No. But when they do you will know it!
(Chris setting up two cruises, two figure skating events, and many other trips....hey...
WHERE IS NATIONALS 2020??????
You can always tell an old person cause time flys so fast we have to keep ahead of the game.
If you are six, it takes FOREVER to get to 7!

Hey Chris.. any chance you will make it Montreal in 2020?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hey Chris.. any chance you will make it Montreal in 2020?

No, not in the way you are thinking, I believe which is worlds 2020. Holland America has some very nice cruises to Montreal and back, like a 14 day round trip from Boston, which would be marvelous, or a 7 day one way cruise....I have been to three worlds...Boston, LA and London Ontario...I wouldnt trade any of those experiences for the beaucoup bucks I paid cause each had its charm...but I am tired of expensive cities and fighting for seats. And many of my favorite skaters have retired.
I think I am done with worlds for awhile. Seeing all the mice at the Boston Arena and how the help had to cover the condiment dispenser nozzelss so the varmits wouldnt feed there, coupled with the worn out seats, was a downer. Only getting row 13 at London and having to run across the street to the porta potties outside the Covent Garden was a downer. Being herded into three sections only during practices at LA so the help wouldnt have to clean the whole arena didnt make me feel special, either.
Montreal is a beautiful city, I see. If I am going to inflict my three years of highschool French on those poor people, I am going to go by Cruise ship, I think, and see everything there is to see from Boston to Montreal to boot. Then its on to Iceland, Norway, Ireland....
Wanna come to Anaheim? ;)

shine

Record Breaker
I don't purport to be an expert on the various dialects used in Taiwan over the centuries, but the original point was that, whatever dialect is native to Taiwan and whatever it is called (Taiwanese, Min dialect, whatever), it it not Mandarin. Mandarin was imposed on Taiwan as the official language in the 1940s.

Actually that’s wrong. Mandarin Chinese has been the official language since as early as the Ming Dynasty and the co-official language later during the Qing Dynasty both of which had sovereignty over the island of Taiwan and established provincial government in Taiwan with a centrally delegated provincial governor. So Chiang did not “impose” Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan any more than previous Chinese governments before him “imposed” Mandarin in other Chinese provinces which also had their own spoken dialects. The previous official language in Taiwan up until that point had been Japanese during the 50-year Japanese occupation - it was never the Min dialect or “Taiwanese”, whichever name you want to call it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No, not in the way you are thinking, I believe which is worlds 2020. Holland America has some very nice cruises to Montreal and back, like a 14 day round trip from Boston, which would be marvelous, or a 7 day one way cruise....I have been to three worlds...Boston, LA and London Ontario...I wouldnt trade any of those experiences for the beaucoup bucks I paid cause each had its charm...but I am tired of expensive cities and fighting for seats. And many of my favorite skaters have retired.
I think I am done with worlds for awhile. Seeing all the mice at the Boston Arena and how the help had to cover the condiment dispenser nozzelss so the varmits wouldnt feed there, coupled with the worn out seats, was a downer. Only getting row 13 at London and having to run across the street to the porta potties outside the Covent Garden was a downer. Being herded into three sections only during practices at LA so the help wouldnt have to clean the whole arena didnt make me feel special, either.
Montreal is a beautiful city, I see. If I am going to inflict my three years of highschool French on those poor people, I am going to go by Cruise ship, I think, and see everything there is to see from Boston to Montreal to boot. Then its on to Iceland, Norway, Ireland....
Wanna come to Anaheim? ;)

I would love to come Anaheim. Carmel and San Diego are my parents favourite places in the world. They wanted me to choose the option to become a US citizen and then sponsor them so they could retire there. (long story made short-I was born in Alabama). I'd rather stow away in your luggage and go to Iceland, Norway and Ireland though.

Boston sounds like horror show. Rodents in the eating area??? I think we need a puke emoji! :nauseous: :vomit:

Montreal is lovely in the spring. March is not the spring in Montreal though. Not really. May is spring here. *I am about a hour and half drive to montreal.. I'm thinking if I start saving up I might go*

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would love to come Anaheim. Carmel and San Diego are my parents favourite places in the world. They wanted me to choose the option to become a US citizen and then sponsor them so they could retire there. (long story made short-I was born in Alabama). I'd rather stow away in your luggage and go to Iceland, Norway and Ireland though.

Boston sounds like horror show. Rodents in the eating area??? I think we need a puke emoji! :nauseous: :vomit:

Montreal is lovely in the spring. March is not the spring in Montreal though. Not really. May is spring here. *I am about a hour and half drive to montreal.. I'm thinking if I start saving up I might go*

Montreal is of course very historic and has some great archetecture. I bet they have good food too!
Too humid in Alabama... ;)
I was just in San Diego to catch a cruise ship and I love that place....two maritime museums and lots to see and do and walk about. I will go back to escape the Spokane gloom some day.

Boston arena was soooooo funnnny....I like to walk around and explore and there was a very nose bleed section which could not be reached unless you walked up a long long but turned off escalator when the palace guards werent looking. Which of course I did. There was a large area of closed eateries and a concourse with of course no people....so I walked around and every once in awhile I would see a mouse dart here or there and that is why all the condiment pumps had to have cellophane taped over their nozzels. Can you imagine seeing mouse turds on the stainless condiment tables????? Yuck! Pretty soon, we could spot the little critters darting around the lower bowl, too.
Check out this pic of the dispensors I took!
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C... mouse feeder_zps53w0npcq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0