2018 Grand Prix Final Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Gala

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
wait, that sounded like Kostornaya's music, the way it was cut? just me?

IloveFS

Rinkside
Why didn't they invite Trusova. The girl lands a quad and they don't even invite her to the gala :noshake:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I know it's an ex, but why do T/M have a way better program here than their competitive ones?

moriel

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think it would have been good for Sasha but especially Anna to end the day on a high note by landing that quad. And if landed, they are spectacular. No idea why they weren‘t invited.

i suppose that they tried to keep balance.
There are 7 russian single and teams at the gala
For comparison, there are 4 canadians and 4 japanese

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder as well, not just the quad, but her cantilever is a show stopper.

Well, we will have Liza and her cantilever <3

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think it would have been good for Sasha but especially Anna to end the day on a high note by landing that quad. And if landed, they are spectacular. No idea why they weren‘t invited.

Because there's a limited number of people in the gala, and it's normal for it to be mostly seniors. I mean, you can ask why Ye lim rather than Sasha, but both of them weren't going to be invited. The only juniors who didn't win I was sure they'd add were Lajoie/Lagha since they're Canadian. It's not suprising at all that they didn't add Anna or Sasha. It is a little surprising that they did include Camden and Yelim, but like Moriel said they may have been trying to balance things since there were so many Russians in already.

FWIW, last season the only juniors added to GFP gala apart from the winners were Rika Kihira and Mitsuki Sumoto, and the final was in Japan.

IloveFS

Rinkside
I wonder as well, not just the quad, but her cantilever is a show stopper.

True! It's like they invite 6th place junior ladies finisher and 5th place junior men, but oh, we will just leave the junior ladies silver medalist who tried to land three quads and actually succeeded in landing one of them...no big deal.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a privilege to watch T/M skate, I love all the different sorts of programs they do.

Maybe if people could stop being so narrow minded they could see that. They're not your slaves they can skate to whatever they want and if you don't like their style choices that's your problem. Leave those of us who do to do so.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Because there's a limited number of people in the gala, and it's normal for it to be mostly seniors. I mean, you can ask why Ye lim rather than Sasha, but both of them weren't going to be invited. The only juniors who didn't win I was sure they'd add were Lajoie/Lagha since they're Canadian. It's not suprising at all that they didn't add Anna or Sasha. It is a little surprising that they did include Camden and Yelim, but like Moriel said they may have been trying to balance things since there were so many Russians in already.

FWIW, last season the only juniors added to GFP gala apart from the winners were Rika Kihira and Mitsuki Sumoto, and the final was in Japan.

I‘m perfectly fine with Yelim, I like her a lot and was happy to see her again. I was just wondering since Sasha is the quad jumping junior everyone‘s talking about so I just automatically assumed she would participate in the gala. The argument with balancing out makes sense.