2018 Olympic Figure Skating TV Schedules | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating TV Schedules

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am trying to make plans with friends the next two weeks but the figure skating event schedule seems to keep changing so it's extremely frustrating. I keep coming across schedules that contradict each other.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/figure-skating-winter-olympics-tv-schedule/

Others say the team event starts Thursday, not Friday.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/wi...chedule-eastern-time-pyeongchang-events-dates

What time zone are you in? I can tell you that in EST it starts at 8pm on Thursday night. Then 8pm on Saturday and the medals will be decided on Sunday.

andromache

Record Breaker
What time zone are you in? I can tell you that in EST it starts at 8pm on Thursday night. Then 8pm on Saturday and the medals will be decided on Sunday.

I am in EST.

It was definitely my understanding that the team event started 8pm on Thursday, but other sources are contradicting that.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am trying to make plans with friends the next two weeks but the figure skating event schedule seems to keep changing so it's extremely frustrating. I keep coming across schedules that contradict each other.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/figure-skating-winter-olympics-tv-schedule/

Others say the team event starts Thursday, not Friday.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/wi...chedule-eastern-time-pyeongchang-events-dates

First Team will start Thurs prime time on NBC but take place Fri AM in PC, which is 14 hr ahead of est. TV Guide is incorrect, but not surprising since it also says Mao Asada is going for gold for US, LOL.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am in EST.

It was definitely my understanding that the team event started 8pm on Thursday, but other sources are contradicting that.

Well..both CBC and TSN have it on their broadcast sced. for Thursday night last time I checked. Friday is the opening ceremony and I think the want the athletes to attend that.

andromache

Record Breaker
First Team will start Thurs prime time on NBC but take place Fri AM in PC, which is 14 hr ahead of est. TV Guide is incorrect, but not surprising since it also says Mao Asada is going for gold for US, LOL.

Omg I didn't even see that LOL.

Ok, definitely not going with the tvguide schedule.

Thank you for pointing that out!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Wow.. like a phoenix out of the ashes. People would cry if Mao came back. Would she be competing for the U.S. because Japan only has two spots? :scratch:

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Why is ESP Deutschland showing so little figure skating on the linear channels?! Is the figure skating going to be shown on the new linear channels, which aren't in the Player listings yet? For the sake of the fans in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, I hope so!

CaroLiza_fan

In Germany figure skating will be shown on the free channel TLC.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In Germany figure skating will be shown on the free channel TLC.

Ah! I had forgotten about that (MaiKatze had mentioned it in the Eurosport Updates thread a few months ago). :eek::

Yes, that would explain everything.

You know, I am still surprised that the same thing isn't happening over here, lightening the load by putting some things on our Free To Air channels, Quest and Quest Red.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

lavoix

Match Penalty
Does anyone know if Australia will be showing figure skating on channel7 online? Is it free of charge?

Also, will the Olympic channel be showing everything live??

auser

Record Breaker
Well..both CBC and TSN have it on their broadcast sced. for Thursday night last time I checked. Friday is the opening ceremony and I think the want the athletes to attend that.
Yeah, interesting that both CBC and TSN have it in their Thursday PM broadcast schedules. Here is a start list with skater performance times:https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/..._C51A2_FSKXTEAM--------------QUAL0001MN--.pdf. So the full Mens Team SP event is within both CBC and TSN planned broadcast times. Wonder how this will sort out for skating fans in terms of which skaters are seen on which networks :). Watched some of the CBC VOD replay of Canada vs Norway Curling match that I missed earlier. Lovely stream. Hope this will be an example of what is available via archive CBC VOD even if TSN has dibs on some live events coverage ;).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ah! I had forgotten about that (MaiKatze had mentioned it in the Eurosport Updates thread a few months ago). :eek::

Yes, that would explain everything.

You know, I am still surprised that the same thing isn't happening over here, lightening the load by putting some things on our Free To Air channels, Quest and Quest Red.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

TLC is also listed on the Eurosport website schedules for Germany. And they actually show the Team Event live as well, with commentary. I'm impressed. It's a bit funny, though, because other than the Olympics this is a channel that shows trash TV from the USA, like that Couponing show. And now all these shows show up in the Eurosport schedule. Haha. :rofl:I wonder if they also stream TLC during that time?

If you're German and have nothing to do on Friday (Perhaps enjoying a few free days, thanks to Carneval) put your alarm clock to 1:55. That's when it will start for us. Good night!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
You're welcome.

Sorry that I haven't got the Swedish Eurosport times up yet. I tend to do British, Deutschland, France and Nederland first, and then go alphabetically after that. So, maybe you should change the name of your country... :p :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Haha, I'll have to move back to Norway then... anyway your work is amazing :thumbsup: Other than Eurosport Discovery networks own two more Swedish channels that show the olympics, 5 and 9. So most of it will be live.

Sorry to say I already found discrepancies between your Eurosport schedule and 'my' schedule above. It will be wise to check it out day by day.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haha, I'll have to move back to Norway then... anyway your work is amazing :thumbsup: Other than Eurosport Discovery networks own two more Swedish channels that show the olympics, 5 and 9. So most of it will be live.

Sorry to say I already found discrepancies between your Eurosport schedule and 'my' schedule above. It will be wise to check it out day by day.

Drat!

Although, I'm not surprised, because I was half-way through Sweden when it was time for dinner, and I rushed through it to get it finished so that I didn't get confused when I came back to finish it off this morning.

I'll re-check it now, before I do Finland and the curse that is the BBC.

I really wish Eurosport would make it easier for us to keep track of what they are showing. Because, doing this is starting to drive me crazy!

I really miss the days when there was one schedule that did the whole of Europe. And when we got things shown in full...

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Drat!

Although, I'm not surprised, because I was half-way through Sweden when it was time for dinner, and I rushed through it to get it finished so that I didn't get confused when I came back to finish it off this morning.

I'll re-check it now, before I do Finland and the curse that is the BBC.

I really wish Eurosport would make it easier for us to keep track of what they are showing. Because, doing this is starting to drive me crazy!

I really miss the days when there was one schedule that did the whole of Europe. And when we got things shown in full...

CaroLiza_fan

Don't bother. I think yours is the right one for now. What will change later we don't know now :eek:hwell:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't bother. I think yours is the right one for now. What will change later we don't know now :eek:hwell:

I've signed into the Swedish version already, so I will check anyway.

This is so surreal - I'm currently watching The Ellen de Generis Show with Swedish subtitles on the Eurosport Player!

Dreading looking at the other countries in case they now have extra channels included as well and need to be re-done... :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have updated my TV Schedule post to include the BBC, as well as some general entertainment channels owned by Discovery that have been added to the German and Swedish versions of the Eurosport Player.

The BBC do not give detailed schedules of what they are showing, so I was only able to find programmes that specifically mentioned figure skating. And there were not many.

I hate the way the BBC does the Olympics!

CaroLiza_fan

Bcash

Final Flight
Will Tara and Johnny cover everything for NBC? I sincerely hope they will at least spare the Ice Dance event and let us hear Agosto.