2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is there anyone who has information about Canada new policy regarding covid ? Can we have Junhwan training there ASAP ? Like boy was preparing to have 3 different quads for his free and 2 for his short in 2019, but now we are down to 1 for each programs. Even Jason could train in Canada and we know how bad the US manage the pandemic, while we have Korea whom sort of become The Standard since day one and here they can't even send their top main skater to train properly.
The US border being treated differently isn’t because the US is considered safe so much as that the two countries are so entangled that applying the same degree of restriction just wasn’t considered feasible.

But then, I.A.M. got Saulius Ambrulevicius into the country somehow, whereas foreign singles skaters don’t seem to be able to.

frida80

Record Breaker
Hopefully but not necessarily. Either way, shes got a lot of time to make up for.
Maybe I’m a hopeless optimistic. The landing a a touch off, but it just seemed much better already. Besides OTC seems to bring out the best in people.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well I was wrong on the King Arthur bit, Sihyeong did indeed get a new SP from Yeaji Shin (all hail) but it's actually Borodin's Polovitsian Dances from Prince Igor: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkI6XfAI3F/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I thought the man with a crown + sword emoji meant King Arthur but apparently Sihyeong used them to represent the 'prince' part of Prince Igor. Excited to see what they came up with.

lagif

Spectator
According to the latest news, Jun left for the USA to prepare for the Olympic season. Did he leave to where Shae-Lynn is? And if there's a chance that he can get from the USA to Canada the same way Jason did?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to the latest news, Jun left for the USA to prepare for the Olympic season. Did he leave to where Shae-Lynn is? And if there's a chance that he can get from the USA to Canada the same way Jason did?

According to Brian Orser, it is easier to cross the border driving from the US. There are task forces with "land travel" that will at least hear your case and review your documents. "When you do this from an airport, you don't even get a task force, they are conditioned to say no" (IFS magazine interview February issue)

Jason had to try twice, but he did get in. Ice Dancers JeanLuc and Kaitlin were on the first try. I don't know if it's more difficult for citizens from countries other than the US.

If that's what he wants, best of luck to Jun:pray:

lagif

Spectator
According to Brian Orser, it is easier to cross the border driving from the US. There are task forces with "land travel" that will at least hear your case and review your documents. "When you do this from an airport, you don't even get a task force, they are conditioned to say no" (IFS magazine interview February issue)

Jason had to try twice, but he did get in. Ice Dancers JeanLuc and Kaitlin were on the first try. I don't know if it's more difficult for citizens from countries other than the US.

If that's what he wants, best of luck to Jun:pray:
I think he has to get a visa first, but if he already has it, then maybe he could manage to get there...

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The National Figure Skating Competition (종별선수권) will take place 5.13-5.16. The event will be held without spectators and is to be broadcasted online, presumably on the KSU Youtube channel(link). This event is basically what the Russian Cup Final is in Russia, a national-scale competition that is of less importance than Nats(종합선수권) and so lacking most of the big names. Still there are some skaters of importance taking part so I'm posting the news here. Entries for the categories with notable skaters:

Senior ladies, middle school division: Yun Ahsun, Mo Jiwon, Kang Jooha, Hwang Chaebin, Kim Minchae, Kim Chaeyeon, Park Yeonjeong
Senior ladies, high school division: Lee Siwon, Lee Eunseo, Jung Yean, Moon Boin, Noh Chaeeun, Lim Eunsoo, Jeon Subeen, Wi Seoyoung
Senior men, middle school division: Lee Jaekeun, Kim Hyungyeom
Senior men, high school division: Kim Hangil, Cha Younghyun
Senior men, college division: Lee Sihyeong, Kyeong Jaeseok, Jeong Deokhoon

As always, the junior/senior division is domestic so there isn't an age limit. As for the schedule, for 5.13-14 it's going to be the (domestic) novice skaters, and the juniors and seniors will skate 5.15-16. The schedule for the seniors (KST, +9 UTC):

14:02-14:28 Senior men, middle school division & Senior ladies, middle school division SP
14:28-14:43 Ice resurfacing
14:43-15:14 Senior ladies, middle school division SP
15:14-15:45 Senior men, high school division & Senior ladies, high school division SP
15:45-16:00 Ice resurfacing
16:00-16:31 Senior ladies, high school division SP
16:31-17:07 Senior ladies, college division & Senior men, college division & Senior ladies, regular division SP

14:49-15:20 Senior men, middle school division & Senior ladies, middle school division FS
15:20-15:35 Ice resurfacing
15:35-16:12 Senior ladies, middle school division FS
16:12-16:49 Senior men, high school division & Senior ladies, high school division FS
16:49-17:04 Ice resurfacing
17:04-17:41 Senior ladies, high school division FS
17:41-18:24 Senior ladies, college division & Senior men, college division & Senior ladies, regular division FS

I won't be able to watch this live, so those who can please cheer for my darling squirtle Eunsoo, my beloved Seoyoung, and my tesoro Younghyun for me

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I didn't see a post about this, but I figured I'd post it here:

Lee June-hyoung has retired and will be pursuing a career as a musical theater actor, from what google translate says.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

Lee June-hyoung has retired and will be pursuing a career as a musical theater actor, from what google translate says.
Good for him. I wish him a lot of success.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I wish him all the success. He will be missed.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Update on the National Figure Skating competition: it seems like KSU is using the blog(link) again to post videos of performances, I have no idea whether they'll do the Youtube livestream now but I hope they do (even though hoping is pointless against KSU)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just caught up to watching the National Figure Skating competition. The top 6 skaters have cemented their status for hopefully Grand Prix spots.

Yelim proved she is the best Korean skater this year. Young You, despite not hitting her triple axel showed she is probably the second best. Ahsun Yun is so consistent with her technical elements. I see her getting two 3rd or 4th place finishes in the Junior Grand Prix circuit next year. Haein, I’m glad she went back to her free skate from last year. She is my favourite Korean skater in term of PCS. I really enjoyed this event.