2020 Skate America: Ladies' SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Ladies' SP

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Do you need to wear the shock collar? I can put it on it's lowest setting so it's just a subtle reminder to stay awake..and stay grumpy.
I could use the shock, but I'm grumpy without it

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Wow, so other than Ms. Lin this is basically a preview of US Nationals

Look at all those American flags....

(Does Shan Lin train in the US? If not I'm surprised China let her travel here)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Hopefully the hosts have some well-loaded plushy cannons ready in the background. Imagine finishing your program and - no plushy at all! Horrifying thought ...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Maybe we could just prod you with a dog toy. The shock collar is a little extreme.

I am now going to get a cardboard cut out of my friends and put them in the living room and bow to them every time I go in there. I need my applause darn it!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This isn't great either that we don't get any commentary. On NBC Gold, we got commentary from Charlie and Tanith White for Skate America at least, although no commentary for the other GPs.

I know NBCSN will be coming on with Terry, Tara and Johnny at 8pm, but I don't get cable. If I bought a YouTube subscription I could get NBCSN, but the problem is having to pay and pay and pay and pay.... for absolutely everything in more ways than one if you want good coverage. Fans have to make choices of which sports are more important to them. It's so unfair to have to keep paying and paying and paying through the nose. I already pay for Netflix and Disney, and now Peacock (formerly NBCGold. I can't afford a YouTube subscription. I would get one around the Olympics though to get full coverage of the Olympics events. Anyway on NBCSN, while there's commentary, they won't be covering all the skaters.

I don't understand how VPN works, but if getting that allows for better options such as ISU and Eurosport, it's worth trying to figure out. Can anyone provide more details?

So far, I'm not happy with Peacock.... Gracie's up first.

Too bad for Gracie. Although, I see now that they are probably providing the skaters with clean masks, which makes sense.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Did I ever explain, btw, why all the happy, we love everything crowd have to sit on swivel chairs?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm getting a british guy on you tube.. I wonder what I'd get on CBC..

Anyone on CBC?