2020 U.S. Nationals: Ladies Free Skate Recap | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 U.S. Nationals: Ladies Free Skate Recap

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe we will have to consider your comments with a grain of salt LOL since it seems you cry a lot or quite easily :) I think we have to remember all these skaters are giving it their all. All the criticisms/advice is great but they are real people with real feelings, doubts, confidence, issues. No one wants to do badly or make errors. I didn't cry and I know I should be happy for Gracie but I was kind of sad too.. I know people get older and things happen including tragic accidents and icnidents but seeing the vivacious and great Gracie Gold skate now - a shell of herself kind of made me sad - and the fs music didn't help.

She is not a shell of herself. She is fierce. I love her fs music. I gave her a dozen roses. She is fine. Her stated goal for this nationals was to perform two cleanish skates and that is what she did. She is an inspiration to many. Do I think she would have loved to come in first? Of course, everyone wants to come in first. Do I think she expected to come in first? Not for a hot second. This years Nationals was not her goal. She has her sights set further ahead. So don’t waste time pitying my girl.

I think that this event was huge for Mariah. So many times in the past she almost, almost, almost could have won, if she just hadn't made this silly little mistake or that.

This time (although she did make a silly little mistake in the Short Program), she knocked it out of the park in the long. OK, she didn't quite grab the gold ring, but she didn't beat herself -- it took two triple Axels and a quad Lutz to beat her.

macy

Record Breaker
I think that this event was huge for Mariah. So many times in the past she almost, almost, almost could have won, if she just hadn't made this silly little mistake or that.

This time (although she did make a silly little mistake in the Short Program), she knocked it out of the park in the long. OK, she didn't quite grab the gold ring, but she didn't beat herself -- it took two triple Axels and a quad Lutz to beat her.

that's a great way to put it :)

even though she didn't win, i hope this was a huge confidence boost for her and she finally understands what she is capable of.