Kinoshita Groupspecial exemption*
2柚 木 心 結
市 橋 翔 哉
Miyu Yunoki
Shoya Ichihashi
Kyoto Uji FSC
Kansai U SC
W1
*It has been announced by JSF that Miura/Kihara pair will skip Nationals and they've become the first figure skaters to earn the spot to represent Japan in pair.

Live results update

starting order and results

No.
Name
(w/ Fuji TV profile link in Japanese)​
Name
Club
SP score
1柚 木 心 結
市 橋 翔 哉
Miyu Yunoki
Shoya Ichihashi
Kyoto Uji FSC
Kansai U SC
Protocol

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, got my days mixed up. The Pairs start tomorrow, not today.

That's what happens when you are trying to keep track of what is happening in Japan at the same time as you are doing your Russian Championship predictions.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Will there be a separate thread for the free?

Also, does the national championship confer any benefits onto the winners, like additional funding, or maybe a 4CC birth?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Will there be a separate thread for the free?

Also, does the national championship confer any benefits onto the winners, like additional funding, or maybe a 4CC birth?
I hesitated...as there's only one pair. But I think I will go ahead a open up one for the free later anyway.

I think additional funding may depend on if they'll be considered strengthened athletes category or not. As for 4CC, the problem is that they will need the TES minimum first. And I'm not sure they're up to that level yet? Some kind of international competition is definitely needed. Also I was wondering about the possibility of sending them to JWC: Ichihashi had been to JWC before (with Miura), but does he age-out?

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I hesitated...as there's only one pair. But I think I will go ahead a open up one for the free later anyway.

I think additional funding may depend on if they'll be considered strengthened athletes category or not. As for 4CC, the problem is that they will need the TES minimum first. And I'm not sure they're up to that level yet? Some kind of international competition is definitely needed. Also I was wondering about the possibility of sending them to JWC: Ichihashi had been to JWC before (with Miura), but does he age-out?
I mean...it would be strange to not designate your national champions as strengthened athletes, no?