2021 World Team Trophy - Day 2 | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - Day 2

1111bm

Final Flight
Ever read Hamlet where Queen Gertrude says, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks"?
Oh what's this, I thought you were done conversing with me long ago? Please find someone else to project your insecurities about Jason's lack of a quad onto.

But were you speaking about me or not?
You know, you could just go back and read the thread instead of expecting me to do the work and spoon-feed everything to you. That's what I do whenever I wanna partake in a convo in the middle of a thread, but lack context.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know, you could just go back and read the thread instead of expecting me to do the work and spoon-feed everything to you. That's what I do whenever I wanna partake in a convo in the middle of a thread, but lack context.

Since you had written the post in question, I thought you would be the logical one to ask the question. Either you were referring in your very own post to something I had written or you were not.

But without an answer, you are right, this conversation for us will just go in circles. Have a good night. 🌙

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, men’s event was like the demo of what can go wrong in figureskating. And, yeah, another demo that it’s hard to do quads and skate pretty...

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Oh what's this, I thought you were done conversing with me long ago? Please find someone else to project your insecurities about Jason's lack of a quad onto.

No worries darling. You’re on ignore from here on out.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, men’s event was like the demo of what can go wrong in figureskating. And, yeah, another demo that it’s hard to do quads and skate pretty...

"Skate pretty?" Do you mean skate clean?

Because none of the men skate "pretty", at least as I understand the term. They all have different athletic gifts: the exciting edges, spins and transitions of Jason, the exciting jumps, power and flow of Nathan, the exciting command (I don't know how else to explain it) of Yuzu.

I do agree it is a shame they didn't skate as clean for the FS as they did in the SP.

lurkz2

On the Ice
"Skate pretty?" Do you mean skate clean?

Because none of the men skate "pretty", at least as I understand the term. They all have different athletic gifts: the exciting edges, spins and transitions of Jason, the exciting jumps, power and flow of Nathan, the exciting command (I don't know how else to explain it) of Yuzu.

I do agree it is a shame they didn't skate as clean for the FS as they did in the SP.
I think it was almost inevitable with the (a little) less than 24 hour turnaround between short and free. Maybe they could have had the SP a little earlier.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is definitely not my favourite Hanyu program, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time that I saw it. It was a pretty solid skate, save for the pop, but I find it frustrating that his poor landings are not penalized ("a choreographic step-out").
I think it is my least favorite Hanyu program. The music is blah and even his beautiful skating doesn't help much.