2021 WTT: Prediction Contest | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 WTT: Prediction Contest    Deadline: 2021-04-15 at 02:00 (UTC/GMT)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't think I remembered to submit my entry, but I got them all correct anyway.

I'll just award my medals to myself. I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible.

Funny you should say that. I missed submitting my predictions at Worlds, due to time zone confusion. However, since I still have the algorithm from the old version of the Predictions Game, I am going to go ahead and calculate what I would have scored. For my own curiosity. (Somehow, I don't think there will be any theoretical medals coming my way! :p )

But first, I have to finish watching the Free Skates...

I was delighted to see that I won medals in two categories in my first attempt at playing the revamped Predictions Contest.

Then it dawned on me that they were both in the partnership categories, where there were only 6 entries to choose from! :laugh:

So, I don't think I should take it as a sign that I am getting better at this...

CaroLiza_fan

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@CaroLiza_fan I am terrible at the prediction game, too.

I usually start with the conventional wisdom about projected placements, but I always throw a little twist in - predicting an upset somewhere along the line. There generally IS deviation from the expected outcome, but it's never the one I picked.

The only time I have ever won a gold medal was CoC pairs, when I was completely unfamiliar with the teams competing, so I just listed them alphabetically. :laugh:

Given my track record, I'll treasure my theoretical medals.