Country
Russia
Sofa :laugh:

yKfmxh6.jpg

Udxn3f8.jpg

5DLOenq.jpg

niks

On the Ice
Some random thoughts after catching up with the GP, mostly men and women. I really enjoyed Samarin's FD, he was very enganging, playing well with the music and interacting with the public. His and Gleb's programs were my favourites from the event. New fan here 😁 I truly appreciate how much more they bring into the performance that just jumping, such beautiful lines and lively expressivenness. I guess that's what is so special about Russian men, the jumps may or may not work, ranging all the way from awesome to awol, but they can bring out real works of art, that you can connect with and appreciate their beauty 😍 And I liked Mark's FS music as well 🙂

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
As a general remark, this stage collected the men with some of the loveliest skating skills in the country (Mozalev, Vetlugin, Danielian...)
I first watched junior test skates in 2019 (first time it was streamed I think?) so this cohort holds particular sentimental value for me. I'm enjoying watching them grow up even if the journey's been a bit bumpy in places 🥰

Great to see a comeback from the other Andrei (Anisimov) after such a nightmare short. Out of Vika's boys he usually has quite decent SS, but I have a feeling this season the focus shifted to getting those harder quads nailed, as I've only seen StSq3 from him once or twice so far this season...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Like Kosto’s admirer I get it:(
Kostornaya is wonderful as well. I know it’s sometimes fatiguing to be a fan with all the uncertainties, but well, step away from it sometimes… the athletes themselves sure have it worse.

katymay

Medalist
Lifelong superfan of Sasha, but thrilled to see Sofia S moving into the spotlight. She is such an honest, engaging girl, I would be thrilled to see her (against all odds) make the Olympic team.