2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 4 - Moscow | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 4 - Moscow

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Acording to Lyuba they weren't paying much attention at all to them which make sense they didn't dominate and struggled last season.
And we can see where that lead to. Novices and juniors leaving Team Tut and in turn Team Tut scrambling trying to recruit novices after their seniors a) also leave or retire or b) are sidelined with injuries.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Not the most difficult though. Khabibullina/Knyazhuk, Kadyrova/Kolesov and Boikova/Kozlovski have more difficult content planned this season. But M/G's non-jump elements are better than all of them except B/K.
But they deliver with such ease😍 So they instantly get some extra points from me for that🤗

Caliban

On the Ice
They had bunch of new Novices join them at the end of last season. We just haven't seen most of them compete at all for some reason.

I think lots of them will be skating in Moscow cup - in what is called "Battle of Schools". Tournament will begin this week i think.
Yup, i just checked and in first event there will be at least 4 Eteri girls - Baziluk, Shesheleva, Andreeva, Saricheva. Table for event - http://ffkm.ru/images/files/online/2022-11-14_1etap/ - it start tomorrow actually

Last edited:

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
hi, I couldnt be happier, Liza managed to get the Ladies' 1st place, against all odds:

zI74Fxu.jpg

:love2:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congrats on Elizaveta’s gold medal 🥇 (Her longevity in this sport is amazing and she landed all three 3A’s); The triple flip is her hardest triple it seems. Also, no triple triple combo this time around. Those are two jumping elements where she can gain points. It seems like the Russian federation has put her firmly in the third place, in the standings, behind Valieva and Adeliya.
However, to me, the star was the under rated Sofia Muravieva. She brings the best mix technical skills and artistry. The way she moved throughout the program, just had me in awe. She technically should be getting Valieva PCS scores. Her 3A 3T was magnificent. I think she opted for a 2A single instead of another 3A, because her 3A must not be that consistent and I think she was aiming just for bronze here. She had the highest technical free skate and she should only be behind possibly only Valieva, when it comes to PCS. But, 230+ and it looks like she is solidly in 4th place in the RUS standings. 4th-6th are always the best spots for motivation to improve. Had she landed the triple lutz, she would have won. I think she deserved gold without landing it, still. She is the new Medvedeva and I wish more people see her star quality.
Akatieva, her 3A was huge. Her falls on all her ultra-c elements cost her. Had she landed one, she would have gotten the silver. She needed to land at least two, to win. She has time on her side still..also, her triple combos in the second half show her mastery of the non-ultra-c jumps.
Zinina was good too. Her 4T are so huge and her first one was well landed. Kudos to her. She should be around the 7th-9th battle for the Senior reserve team. I see potential in her.

katymay

Medalist
Congrats on Elizaveta’s gold medal 🥇 (Her longevity in this sport is amazing and she landed all three 3A’s); The triple flip is her hardest triple it seems. Also, no triple triple combo this time around. Those are two jumping elements where she can gain points. It seems like the Russian federation has put her firmly in the third place, in the standings, behind Valieva and Adeliya.
However, to me, the star was the under rated Sofia Muravieva. She brings the best mix technical skills and artistry. The way she moved throughout the program, just had me in awe. She technically should be getting Valieva PCS scores. Her 3A 3T was magnificent. I think she opted for a 2A single instead of another 3A, because her 3A must not be that consistent and I think she was aiming just for bronze here. She had the highest technical free skate and she should only be behind possibly only Valieva, when it comes to PCS. But, 230+ and it looks like she is solidly in 4th place in the RUS standings. 4th-6th are always the best spots for motivation to improve. Had she landed the triple lutz, she would have won. I think she deserved gold without landing it, still. She is the new Medvedeva and I wish more people see her star quality.
Akatieva, her 3A was huge. Her falls on all her ultra-c elements cost her. Had she landed one, she would have gotten the silver. She needed to land at least two, to win. She has time on her side still..also, her triple combos in the second half show her mastery of the non-ultra-c jumps.
Zinina was good too. Her 4T are so huge and her first one was well landed. Kudos to her. She should be around the 7th-9th battle for the Senior reserve team. I see potential in her.
Muravieva has such beautiful triple jumps-they lightly lift and are rarely muscled.
Zinina had such a complex program-the most difficult program of the day in terms of transitions and choreography-my concern looking at her bone structure is that she might end up being very tall-at least 5'9"-maybe taller.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Murav’yeva and Medvedeva are different to me. Medvedeva relies on exaggerated facial expressions using her wide-set, large eyes to max potential to up the drama while Murav’yeva is delivering a full narrative. I prefer Murav’yeva and I wish her appreciation increased, which I am sure would have happened if she had exit to the international stage. She is the ultimate artistic skater, though I am sure her skating skills will not hold up under super-close-up scrutiny next to the divine XYZ and yada-yada-yada.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Late to the party but I just wanna say... Ilya Y's FS was everything give him 1000 for Interpretation! I was clapping along at home!

Also 🍎 shaped stuffie? 😘

They cut him off before he could grab the ice cream though!