AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
They look like twins

uNIFne5.png

katymay

Medalist
The idea of a jumping contest actually holds water. With the right setup it is really entertaining. Of course the skaters need to deliver, which they certainly did here. Congrats to all participants! :clap:
I think this event was very well done, moved along at a nice clip-very organized. Enough star power to pull in a crowd . I think I liked the pairs the best and would have liked to see them more, but well done event. Also, I wasn't crazy about the brackets-just let each skater do two jumps, then they place over or under the skater before them etc.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ladies were jumping and so was I. Out of my chair of course, I’m not athletic enough for the figure skating jumps.

What a fantastic event. Channel 1 and the Fed showing everyone how to innovate, entertain and have great competition!

If anyone with any authority is reading this, please make it a permanent event on the calendar.

wakuwaku

On the Ice
Country
Latvia
If anyone with any authority is reading this, please make it a permanent event on the calendar.
In Russia? Of course they will. In the World? I doubt it despite what Kogan boasted about recently (i.e. international calls praising him for the event etc.). In Men's category they could make it even greater than it was in Russia, for sure. In Women's? Sorry - there is nothing to show in jumps there. Well, fans of particular skaters could enjoy it in theory anyway - so what can I know?
And introducing elimination/rivals system and disqueting music during jumps - was all it required to turn otherwise boring event into solid show. Why they couldn't think up something like that when the first Jumps tournaments were introduced, I wonder? That type of event was considered as failure since then for many years..

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Russia? Of course they will. In the World? I doubt it despite what Kogan boasted about recently (i.e. international calls praising him for the event etc.).
I meant in Russia. Hope you are right and it becomes a yearly event and not a one off.

As a fan of the ladies exclusively, this becoming a world event would actually make it worse. ISU would dumb it down and introduce quotas, entry and age restrictions. No thanks.