Record Breaker
Country
Olympic

2022 Broadmoor Open​

06/25/2022 - 07/02/2022 (CDT)​

World Arena, Olympic Rink​

Colorado Springs, CO​

Here's the starting order link

No streaming, but a stacked field! Tomoki, Liam Kapeikis, Wesley Chiu, Kai Kovar, some promising Canadian juniors, Isabeau, Tara Prasad, Clare Seo, and Mia Kalin. They're also going to try and apply the new scoring rules, including 3 components, although it may not happen since the changes were so recent.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To no one's surprise, Tomoki is leading after the SP :hap10:

But congrats also to Wesley Chiu, not all that far behind :hap10:

And the protocols:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wesley Chiu won the men's "combined" event, but reading the protocols it looks like the poor guy had a rough free skate.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wesley Chiu won the men's "combined" event, but reading the protocols it looks like the poor guy had a rough free skate.

Dude, it looks like everybody had rough free skates. :( Glad that Wesley was able to win, at least. Anyway, I was looking through the protocols and Ian Kang had an A? How does that differ from a 1A? :scratch2:

Country
Israel
I was looking at the protocols and found out that skaters (or probably their coaches) of all categories started implementing the new rules regarding jump sequences (to those who don't know, jump sequences gets the same value of a combination and is allowed as a second or third jump), I feel like it went under the radar with all the talk about the components and other important changes, and it will impact and shape the style of routines we will see in the next quad

Country
Israel
On one hand, I liked the idea at first the option for diversity or maybe even creativity in the jumping layout of different skaters (I liked seeing Tuktamysheva and Semenenko perform jump sequences the past seasons, even though people were laughing at Mishin for not understanding the rules), but then I thought more about the "second or third jump" addition and realised we are going to eventually see skaters attempt to maximise their TS with bulky, rotation- packed three jump sequencees that favour speed of rotation, which encourages muscled jumps, lack of speed and flow, and weak exit, which is the opposite of what the sport needs in term of jumps, in my opinion.