2022 Olympics: Prediction Contest | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics: Prediction Contest    Deadline: 2022-02-04 at 01:00 (UTC/GMT)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A hearty congrats to the tentative overall winners! :clap:

🥇@jenaj
🥈@Cilla70
🥉@Ivana
🥉Mozartistique

Once the Team Event results are "finalized" (after the investigation), we can hand out the medals!🥉

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My first ever medal in pairs if I understood right. I have been bad in these but I am not very competitive person and I don't care to be last, but I must admit it is a fine feeling to success sometimes. Sometimes I have been too lazy to take part in, but this is fun and the current system makes it easy to do. I am often a risk taker and it makes this more fun.

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
I do not agree with my score in Men. You gave me 35 points. According to my calculations there should be 45.
Here is my prediction
Men

1. Nathan CHEN (USA)
  2. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)
  3. Shoma UNO (JPN)
  4. Vincent ZHOU (USA)
  5. Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN)
  6. Junhwan CHA (KOR)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not agree with my score in Men. You gave me 35 points. According to my calculations there should be 45.
Here is my prediction
Men

1. Nathan CHEN (USA)
  2. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)
  3. Shoma UNO (JPN)
  4. Vincent ZHOU (USA)
  5. Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN)
  6. Junhwan CHA (KOR)

Your score is correct. I don't think you are not reading and/or understanding the scoring system.

Scoring

Each correct guess of placement is worth 15 points. Each guess that is one placement off is worth 10 points. Each guess that is two placements off is worth 5 points. You can select up to six skaters/teams for each category, however, only the top five choices will count. The sixth selection does not count if one of your top five withdraw. It's simply for your reference should you decide to change your choices before the thread closes.

This above is always put in each of the original posts of the prediction threads.

Here is how you scored:

Nathan CHEN (USA) 15
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 5
Shoma UNO (JPN) 15
Vincent ZHOU (USA) 0
Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN) 0
Junhwan CHA (KOR) N/A - sixth selection doesn't count / only for your reference

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Your score is correct. I don't think you are not reading and/or understanding the scoring system.

Scoring

Each correct guess of placement is worth 15 points. Each guess that is one placement off is worth 10 points. Each guess that is two placements off is worth 5 points. You can select up to six skaters/teams for each category, however, only the top five choices will count. The sixth selection does not count if one of your top five withdraw. It's simply for your reference should you decide to change your choices before the thread closes.

This above is always put in each of the original posts of the prediction threads.

Here is how you scored:

Nathan CHEN (USA) 15
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 5
Shoma UNO (JPN) 15
Vincent ZHOU (USA) 0
Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN) 0
Junhwan CHA (KOR) N/A - sixth selection doesn't count / only for your reference
But previously you counted the points if the skater was 4th or 5th and in the prediction he or she was 6th. You could get 5 or 10 points for that. As for the next season I advise to change the rules. You should allow to make predictions for at least top 7 places to be able to get 5 or 10 points for the competitor who took the 5th place. It is unfair that no points can be gained if the skater is one or two places below the 5th place in the prediction.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But previously you counted the points if the skater was 4th or 5th and in the prediction he or she was 6th. You could get 5 or 10 points for that. As for the next season I advise to change the rules. You should allow to make predictions for at least top 7 places to be able to get 5 or 10 points for the competitor who took the 5th place. It is unfair that no points can be gained if the skater is one or two places below the 5th place in the prediction.

The rules were changed at the beginning of this season because the new automated system can only accommodate five places.

The amount of work for volunteer scorers under the old system (previous years) was *insane*. I also appreciate the swiftness with which we now get results. i like the new system. :)

I simply don’t choose a sixth, because I know it doesn’t count. Some posters like to keep track for their own purposes.

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
The rules were changed at the beginning of this season because the new automated system can only accommodate five places.

The amount of work for volunteer scorers under the old system (previous years) was *insane*. I also appreciate the swiftness with which we now get results. i like the new system. :)

I simply don’t choose a sixth, because I know it doesn’t count. Some posters like to keep track for their own purposes.
I know that the rules were changed at the beginning of this season But even this season skaters who placed 5th or 4th but were 6th in the prediction were counted. I suppose these are double standards. So to avoid this in future I suggest changing the rules for the next season.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know that the rules were changed at the beginning of this season But even this season skaters who placed 5th or 4th but were 6th in the prediction were counted. I suppose these are double standards. So to avoid this in future I suggest changing the rules for the next season.
There is no reason to "count" the sixth entry. The sixth selection is provided as a courtesy to those who may want to move someone up if there is a withdraw prior to a deadline. It's a reference.

The new rules were put out when the new system, which was very costly and time-consuming, was implemented. There will be no changes at this time moving forward.

You can simply leave selection #6 blank if you want.