2022 Skate America: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America: Info & Pregame Chat

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK! I loaded up proton and am using the free (slow)version and I am using the NL number 1. I went to youtube ISU and the ads are in dutch so maybe its working. It says my download speed is only 500K but the ISU JPG looks great. the high speed version is $5 a month. Next question is...do we know if there will be replays on ISU? If there is, this is the cats meow!
They have replays on ISU. At least they have for years and years. I can't discount the possibility that they won't have replays this year but if you look you can see years worth of replays right now. And yes, if the ads are in Dutch it is woring

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs practice notes:

Stellato/D look fabulous
Knierim/F Alexa clear winner of practice clothes competition, blue cheetah print and sparkly gloves
Plazas/F challenging practice with several falls
German team fast and strong, ones to watch
Said Buenos Dias to Donovan C & Coach on the way in!

VERY IMPORTANT clear bag policy is being strictly enforced!!!
How many stuffies can you fit in a tiny plastic bag? We are all over on the Practice Cam Chat thread

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
How many stuffies can you fit in a tiny plastic bag? We are all over on the Practice Cam Chat thread
Hopefully there will be lots of stuffies and things to cheer on the skaters. I can't wait to see what Knerim/Frazier are doing and the debutting of Chock and Bates. GOld is there's here and at worlds.
So exciting a 17 year old could win SA with some big jumps!!!! And while I understand Kaori is the overwhelming top lady I can't help but wait to see what Gracie does and whether she and Levito get on the podium. Any reports on them?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully there will be lots of stuffies and things to cheer on the skaters. I can't wait to see what Knerim/Frazier are doing and the debutting of Chock and Bates. GOld is there's here and at worlds.
So exciting a 17 year old could win SA with some big jumps!!!! And while I understand Kaori is the overwhelming top lady I can't help but wait to see what Gracie does and whether she and Levito get on the podium. Any reports on them?
The women's practice has not started. It will be after this ice resurface. We are all over on the Practice Cam Chat thread.

katymay

Medalist
Gracie looked solid, jumps landed, spins top notch, and she looks fit-a bit slow but good. Amber also looked very good.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Confirmed: You can bring an unopened plastic water bottle into the rink, as well as a cup of coffee.

Oddly, the latest email from USFS contradicts this info, saying all water bottles must be empty. I wish they would get this straight. I'm assuming you are reporting from SCOB?

lutzlover

On the Ice
Oddly, the latest email from USFS contradicts this info, saying all water bottles must be empty. I wish they would get this straight. I'm assuming you are reporting from SCOB?
That’s correct. A manager of the security personnel confirmed that unopened plastic water bottles can be brought inside the rink. Reusable (like aluminum) water bottles can be brought inside but they must be empty.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Notes from the rink:

I have a photo of the entire concessions menu for anyone interested, and the details of the fan fest activities. I can also report that the clear bags are being required but a wide variety of sizes are being let in and they don’t seem to be looking in them—just verifying that whatever you have is in clear plastic.

In addition to my pairs notes I’ll report—

Men—

Cha is just unbelievably charismatic. I found myself looking away from the men who were, you know, actually out there running through their programs, just so I could watch Junhwan doing some stroking in a corner. He also has the most beautiful complexion I’ve ever seen on a man, and that Ina Bauer of his—what you don’t realize on TV is that he goes halfway round the rink with it. Yes, Mr Cha is a star :)

Daniel Grassl looked strong and was one of the few to do most of his program, many of the rest (including Ilia) mostly marked their jumps. Ilia looked strong and secure but was clearly not in a mood for showing off today.

Really liked Sena Miyake, who I’d never seen before, lovely soft style. Also liked Dith Tran who looked secure and expressive, you can really see the influence of Jeremy Abbott on him.

Ladies—Gracie looked very competitive with the other ladies in her flight. One pop, but strong combos and jumps, seemed to have more stamina than in the past.

Amber Glenn has changed her hair color to a silvery grayish-blond that looks like something out of Game of Thrones. Her jumps looked decent.

Kaori reminds me of Midori Ito!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was only there for the men's. Cha really is a star.

And @Seven Sisters I would love the full concessions menu. I want a parking spot at 750, so I plan to get to the rink at least an hour before the pairs short tomorrow.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Dance—

Evan Bates’ attempt at sexy/Latin moves is exceeded in laughable awkwardness only by Tim Koleto’s. Their RD music is decent though. Can’t evaluate their dance as they ran through only a portion of it.

Jean Luc’s blade control and delicacy is astonishing, but you knew that. He is so good that he makes Kaitlin look stiff—it’s extremely noticeable as they skate together. He also gets so deep in his knees that he appears to be shorter than she is.

Soucisse/Firus look a lot better than they used to. Their speed is much improved and her styling is softer and more appealing.

It pains me to say that Muramoto/Takahashi are slow. He struggled to get her up into one lift but—their RD (what we saw of it) is strong, and they were very genuinely smiling at each other as they skated, which I like to see (as did Stellato/Deschamps, BTW)

Also, that sliding move that Lorraine McNamara does towards the end of their FD is absolutely astonishing—made me gasp out loud and, this is the second time I’ve seen it, so not even a surprise!

And, I saw Aljona Savchenko on the concourse!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Notes from the rink:

I have a photo of the entire concessions menu for anyone interested, and the details of the fan fest activities. I can also report that the clear bags are being required but a wide variety of sizes are being let in and they don’t seem to be looking in them—just verifying that whatever you have is in clear plastic.

Men—

Cha is just unbelievably charismatic. I found myself looking away from the men who were, you know, actually out there running through their programs, just so I could watch Junhwan doing some stroking in a corner. He also has the most beautiful complexion I’ve ever seen on a man, and that Ina Bauer of his—what you don’t realize on TV is that he goes halfway round the rink with it. Yes, Mr Cha is a star :)

Daniel Grassl looked strong and was one of the few to do most of his program, many of the rest (including Ilia) mostly marked their jumps. Ilia looked strong and secure but was clearly not in a mood for showing off today.

Really liked Sena Miyake, who I’d never seen before, lovely soft style. Also liked Dith Tran who looked secure and expressive, you can really see the influence of Jeremy Abbott on him.

Ladies—Gracie looked very competitive with the other ladies in her flight. One pop, but strong combos and jumps, seemed to have more stamina than in the past.

Amber Glenn has changed her hair color to a silvery grayish-blond that looks like something out of Game of Thrones. Her jumps looked decent.

Thanks for your report. I posted the FanFest info upthread, but would love a look at the concession menu.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They have replays on ISU. At least they have for years and years. I can't discount the possibility that they won't have replays this year but if you look you can see years worth of replays right now. And yes, if the ads are in Dutch it is woring
I have a Dutch Motorcycle friend. He has a heavy accent. When we go into Canada, they ask him where he is from. He says, "Athol!" :rofl:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I might wait till a later time to get a VPN...cause I don't know about cost and such.
So far I like Proton. Its intuitive and the free version appears to work. It shows a constant download speed if you wish it to. The paid version with the fast speeds is only $6 a month. The Dutch youtube commercials arent as entertaining as the Japanese ones on MujiTV , but one must make sacrafices. Congrats on the Wedding! I was never so happy as when I was married the first time....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Notes from the rink:

Men—

Must have margaritta and popcorn!
View attachment 5800
Oh Goddess no..my Queen skates first...no matter how she skates she will be underscored.