2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate

Pairluv

Final Flight
Heh perhaps Dima K got a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People as an early birthday gift ;)
Not just him. Boikova has had her moments before the camera, but when you know you gave away points in both the SP and FS, I think it tends to make you a little more restrained than if you lose when you've skated two clean programs.

An up and down event but the medal winners met expectations for Russian pairs which are high. I'm glad the team designations have a second chance for some of the up and coming teams.

niks

On the Ice
Oh that's very nice of Sasha/Dima to have come to congratulate Nastya ans Sasha ans specially Tamara Moskovina :giggle: Good to see there aren't sour feelings among them

Happier ending than last year when Nastya ended up in tears. Though the difference in the final scores was a bit bigger that I would've expected, there were great programs by both teams that they can be proud of.

I get the feeling that both teams appreciate each other in the sense that they realise that having such a high competitor close by helps them push forward. Maybe is easier now that they are in different coach teams so there is less daily pressure, they look more relaxed around each other.

And a nice joint interview to finish it off :)

indujaa

Rinkside
Nastia sasha got gold medal. But I feel the perm school trankov eteri cooperation is definitely taking over pairs skate. All of their pairs were interesting.
And aliona kunista fs was great but they need to master that damn 3twist. Is it possible for perm school coach to give them pointers.

niks

On the Ice
Aliona / Georgy ended up with the 5th best FS, quite impressive! But even so, they didn't move up one single place in the final standings. Too bad they has such a deficit from the SP :( but quite a positive note to finish

I'm glad for the Perm teams as well, despite the misfortune of Liza/Artem, they all looked good and have a bronze medal to show. It's encouraging to see schools from outside Moscow / St Peterburg keeping their ground and doing well đź‘Ť

Azikin

Medalist
Aliona / Georgy ended up with the 5th best FS, quite impressive! But even so, they didn't move up one single place in the final standings. Too bad they has such a deficit from the SP :( but quite a positive note to finish
They were great! I put them on 5th place in my predictions just to show my support but as it turned out it wasn't completely unrealistic.. ;)