2023-24 Spanish National Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spanish National Championships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I loved everything about that programme from Estela RUÍZ GARROTE (MAD).

You all know I love Middle Eastern sounding music. And her deep green dress was gorgeous.

And the skating was very good too!

Right, time for the Seguí sisters. Adriana up first.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Adriana SEGUÍ JIMÉNEZ (MAD).

Another gorgeous dress. This one was a kind of purple-blue colour.

Such a contrast in the music. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it was all the one song.

Ach, she fell just after the music got louder.

On the whole, I enjoyed the skate.

Oh no! She has nobody with her! 😞

Time now for Noa.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Noa SEGUÍ JIMÉNEZ (MAD)

Well, I know this music. Can't beat a bit of Vivaldi.

Beautiful black dress with silver streaks on it. Definitely fits in with the "Winter" theme.

She was really going for it. To the extent that she looked a bit ragged at times.

And she is sitting on her own too! 😲

OK. I wasn't expecting that.

Mmmm...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just noticed - all the skaters in this final group are from different clubs.

Two are from Catalan clubs; two are from Madrid clubs; and the leader is from the same Basque club as my girl Janire.

The first skater coming up now, Ariadna GUPTA ESPADA (CAT), is representing Barcelona Football Club! :jaw:

I know they are involved in a lot of sports, and I think I heard one time years ago that they had a skating club (can't remember who it was that was skating for them). But I had completely forgotten until there now.

CaroLiza_fan

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Just noticed - all the skaters in this final group are from different clubs.

Two are from Catalan clubs; two are from Madrid clubs; and the leader is from the same Basque club as my girl Janire.

The first skater coming up now, Ariadna GUPTA ESPADA (CAT), is representing Barcelona Football Club! :jaw:

I know they are involved in a lot of sports, and I think I heard one time years ago that they had a skating club (can't remember who it was that was skating for them). But I had completely forgotten until there now.

CaroLiza_fan
Olivia and Tim are competing for FCB

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's all falling apart for Luna CABEZUELO ESPADAS (MAD).

Although she was 4th in the SP, she was only 1.79 points behind the leader. So, she was in with a shot of the title.

Not now.

She was understandably very disappointed when she finished. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw tears before we move onto the next skater.

No tears when we came back from the highlights. But, she was looking angry with herself.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, not again. Two programmes in a row where it all fell apart.

This time it was Nuria RODRÍGUEZ SERRANO (MAD), who is from the club which had all the skaters that were supporting each other earlier on in Group 2.

I really hope they come and support Nuria now.

That said, she didn't look disappointed when she finished. She seems to have just accepted it.

She had been 1.08 points behind the leader after the SP. But, that'll be the end of her title chances.

Well, along with the 2 coaches, she has one team-mate sitting with her. And she isn't paying Nuria any attention! That's a lot of use! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Halelujah! The run of things falling apart has ended.

Alexandra MARTÍNEZ CARBÓ (CAT) skated well. And I loved the music, and the dress.

And from the sound of the crowd when the scores were announced, I take it she has taken the lead.

So, the two girls from Catalan clubs skated well, and the two girls from Madrid clubs didn't.

What will happen the girl from the Basque club?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nahia OLAIZOLA MUGURUZA (EUS) has Zagitova music (AKA "Don Quixote"). And it is the same edit too!

Oh, stumble in the middle of the programme. And it shocked the crowd.

And a hand down on a jump shortly afterwards.

Strange hearing this part of the music without jump after jump after jump. :p

You know, with how close it was between all the skaters in this group, I'm not sure she's done enough to win. The two Catalan girls looked like they did well to me.

Oh, the coach has left her before the scores were announced. That is not a good sign.

I can tell you something, she is not giving anything away. She's got a real poker face. I haven't a clue if she's won or not. :drama:

There was a big cheer from the crowd, but they might have been supporting somebody else.

No, I'm pretty sure now that she has won. She has company with her now (including my girl Janire!), and they all look VERY happy.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is here. And so we face. The final curtain.

And we finish with chaos! :devil: A group of 6 boys.

Unfortunately, the Time Schedule PDF was coming up with a 404 error page when I opened it this morning. So, with the Entries / Results page being temperamental, I haven't a clue who is skating when, or where they are from!

Livestream for the Senior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 2h 30m 43s):
https://www.coe.tv/videos/112064-di...na-de-patinaje-artistico-y-sincronizado-2023/

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/upl...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.rfedh.es/wp-content/uploads/resultados-patinaje/CEsp_2023/SEG002.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just realised - I can get the Start Order from the Wayback Machine!

StN.
Name
Club
Nation
Rank
1​
Ismael HERNÁNDEZ VICENTE
La Nevera​
MAD​
6​
47.28​
2​
Christian VAQUERO TORO
La Nevera​
MAD​
5​
60.97​
3​
Iker OYARZABAL ALBAS
CH Txuri Berri​
EUS​
4​
62.82​
4​
Pablo GARCÍA HIDALGO
Valdemoro​
MAD​
3​
62.84​
5​
Euken ALBERDI MARTÍNEZ
FCB​
CAT​
2​
64.27​
6​
Tomàs LLORENÇ GUARINO
Valdemoro​
MAD​
1​
75.20​

Skater #3 Iker OYARZABAL ALBAS (EUS) has just finished his programme, and they are showing his highlights now.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, wonder who the girl is that has joined Tomàs after he was announced as the winner. I take it she is one of his Valdemoro club team-mates that had been competing in Junior Ladies.

Well, she's taking a group photo!

Right. Time for food. Should have had it an hour ago, but wanted to see the end of this.

CaroLiza_fan

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Does anybody know why the federation website is unreachable? I wanted to look up the final scores for the nats, but I cannot load the page..:-(

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anybody know why the federation website is unreachable? I wanted to look up the final scores for the nats, but I cannot load the page..:-(

It's been like that since Sunday morning. And because there were no results graphics on the coverage either, we hadn't a clue what was going on when watching Sunday's action.

We only found out the results of the Senior Ice Dance later on in the day from an Instagram post the Fed had put up. And I still haven't been able to find out how a skater I was interested in in Junior Ladies got on. (All I know is that her team-mate won. But, that is purely from going by the reactions of the team. The skater herself had a real poker face).

CaroLiza_fan

TarAncalime

On the Ice
It's been like that since Sunday morning. And because there were no results graphics on the coverage either, we hadn't a clue what was going on when watching Sunday's action.

We only found out the results of the Senior Ice Dance later on in the day from an Instagram post the Fed had put up. And I still haven't been able to find out how a skater I was interested in in Junior Ladies got on.

CaroLiza_fan
Houston, we have a problem. It seems as if the ice dance nominations for the Euros and Worlds have stirred up quite a lot of s**t after that Insta post from the federation that Val/Kazimov get the nomination although they were 2nd at nats. Rumour goes that the Bosporus Cup scores play a role, but Bosporus is not CS, but Smart/Dieck went to GP and scored there.....what kind of criteria is that?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Houston, we have a problem. It seems as if the ice dance nominations for the Euros and Worlds have stirred up quite a lot of s**t after that Insta post from the federation that Val/Kazimov get the nomination although they were 2nd at nats. Rumour goes that the Bosporus Cup scores play a role, but Bosporus is not CS, but Smart/Dieck went to GP and scored there.....what kind of criteria is that?

If you read through the comments in this thread of those that watched LIVE, the scores do not reflect what we saw on the ice. Val / Kazimov were better in both segments, and should have won the title. But, they didn't because the Judges were being over-generous with Smart / Dieck.

Coming into this season, nobody expected Val / Kazimov to be as good as they have been. Because Smart / Dieck are far more experienced skaters, everybody was expecting them to be miles ahead of Val / Kazimov. That was why the older partnership was given the better assignments. But as it turned out, the two partnerships have been well matched.

It's just like the good old days of Hurtado / Khaliavin and Smart / Díaz.

By the way, writing this post proved to me why I prefer to refer to the two partnerships by their first names. You would not believe how many times I accidentally wrote "Smart / Díaz" instead of "Smart / Dieck"!

CaroLiza_fan

Reactions: bgg