2023 Italian National Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Italian National Championships

Andrea82

Medalist
To be honest, boos from the audience don't have to mean too much. Anna is a very magnetic and talented skated, very popular too. Small mistakes that might not make much impact on the audience can still impact scores quite heavily. :scratch2:🙈

Seeing how the judges gave her -1 at worst for a jump combination with a three-turn in between the jumps, and positive GOEs for sticky landings and spins that travelled quite a bit, I'm not seeing any reason to complain. I've not seen the other skates, but comparing her skate to the scores, I wouldn't say she was underscored. 😅 I even find myself surprisingly agreeing with the PCS scores - High for skating skills, but low for presentation.

As I said, it was not a meltdown, it was actually pretty good for her, particularly after the pressure of being in first after the Short, but it was not a clean skate either.
I meant that it wasn't a spectacular meltdown. Otherwise the audience wouldn't have taken notice (even if they were wrong to expect more) of her dropping behind.
It wasn't a winning performance for sure. Let's say, she gave the technical panel (and the judges) the opportunity to push her below Gutmann and they took it.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I just watched Anna's FS, and I think this is the best set of two programs she has ever put together. She seems to be on an upwards trajectory, and that makes me so excited because I love her skating so much. I didn't think the score was too unfair, but I can understand how an audience would be wowed by huge jumps and speed. She was flying across the ice! Her second 3Lz into twizzles was *chef's kiss*

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I just watched Anna's FS, and I think this is the best set of two programs she has ever put together. She seems to be on an upwards trajectory, and that makes me so excited because I love her skating so much. I didn't think the score was too unfair, but I can understand how an audience would be wowed by huge jumps and speed. She was flying across the ice! Her second 3Lz into twizzles was *chef's kiss*
Where did you find the video? I would really like to watch both the men's and ladies? (Pairs I've seen a lot of the Italian teams already this season, so I don't feel like I've missed out on quite so much).

Andrea82

Medalist

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
That is the best pair of programmes I've ever seen from Anna. Her presentation is improving as well. I think her score was fair, but she is unfortunate that Lara got her highest ever score for a free programme and overtook her. I would be interested to see Lara's skate to see whether it really was that outstanding or if the judges were compensating her a bit for her short.

I think Sarina Joos took it on the technical elements. She is a great skater but needs to improve on her presentation to really maximise her scores.

Andrea82

Medalist
National Ranking for Women is (if I didn't make any typos in inputing the data in excel)
(full score of Nationals + 2 other highest scores*
* GPs, JGPs, Challengers and top domestic competition are counted fully; other international events and other domestic competitions are factored by 0.9
* step sequences from Senior FS are deduced, except for Nationals

1) Sarina Joos 546.08 points
(192.78 from Nationals + 182.93 for Torino domestic competition + 179.4 for Golden Spin - 5.07 and 3.96 for the Step Sequences)
2) Lara Naki Gutmann 537.51
(183.88 from Nationals + 194.28 for Padova domestic competition + 168.33 for GP Finland - 5.07 and 3.91 for Step Sequences)
3) Anna Pezzetta 519.13 points
(181.59 from Nationals + 179.59 for Warsaw Cup + 165.54 for Padova domestic competition - 3.96 and 3.63 for Step Sequences)
4) Marina Piredda 484.134 points
(181.53 from Nationals + 155.889 for Edusport + 154.99 for Padova domestic competition - 4.81 and 3.465 for Step Sequences) * EduSport scores is multiplied by 0.9
5) Ginevra Lavinia Negrello 482.969 points
(170.39 from Nationals + 169.72 for Padova domestic competition +149.022 for Torino domestic competition - 4.18 and 1.98 for Step Sequences) * Torino score is multiplied by 0.9
6) Amanda Ghezzo 446.38 points
(154.7 from Nationals + 149.19 for Padova domestic competition + 146.34 for Bangkok JGP - 3.85 for Step Sequences)
7) Chiara Minighini 430.863 points
(163.57 from Nationals + 137.45 for JGP Budapest + 129.83 for Skate Celje) * Skate Celje score is multiplied by 0.9

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's best to combat figure skating sadness with figure skating joy, so I decided I need to watch the wonderful Italian men after all. And somebody in Italy kindly made it happen for me. 😺
As a little Christmas present to spread the joy (and because youtube conveniently allows me to upload four videos a day) here are the four competitors in the men's SP:

Raffaele:

Nikolaj:

Gabriele:

Corey. The ending pose is lovely. I can only once again reiterate how glad it makes me that he is competing in Europe now.

Men's Free Skates to follow tomorrow if youtube allows.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you @CrazyKittenLady I will enjoy those. :) Do I have the FP to look forwards to on another day? I am particularly interested to see how Corey is getting on as he obviously hasn't competed in any of the international events I've watched this season.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
That was a beautiful programme from Corey. The Swan really suits him. He and Brian were looking really happy in the kiss and cry.

Raffaele still looks like Junior, but that is entirely reasonable given that he still is one. I think that his lack of competitions this year showed more than it did for Corey. Again, that is to be expected because he is less experienced than Corey.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
That was a beautiful programme from Corey. The Swan really suits him. He and Brian were looking really happy in the kiss and cry.

Raffaele still looks like Junior, but that is entirely reasonable given that he still is one. I think that his lack of competitions this year showed more than it did for Corey. Again, that is to be expected because he is less experienced than Corey.
to think he even won a jgp stage, but sadly Raffaele is such a cactus
Great skate from Frangipani. If only he could be trusted to do that more often...! I think he might really benefit from Daniel's absence.
and speaking of cacti...