2023 Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh my gigantic jumper, that may not have been perfect but I loved it. @4everchan Where are you my girl Minchae is using Brahms I need you to judge the music cuts
give her all the PCS if and only if the cuts are okay :) i am not watching much skating this weekend.. at least, yet... too sick. I will try to check on youtube for Minchae's Brahms. I will maybe try to catch up on SGÉ pairs (Izzo-Ferland and Bombardier-Farand are making their debuts)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Very interesting competition. Another win for Isabeau. The Euler combo is what she needs to focus on.

Love Minchae!! 😍 Good jumps

The Swiss girls are proving there is some depth. Kimmy won the free skate and Livia and Alexia will battle for the second spot, it seems.

Sara-Maude - no comment 🥹😭
(Sad, cause she is Canadian and not doing well. But, I don’t like her skating skills); I get a weird feeling, she won’t have a good international season, this year)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Very interesting competition. Another win for Isabeau. The Euler combo is what she needs to focus on.

Love Minchae!! 😍 Good jumps

The Swiss girls are proving there is some depth. Kimmy won the free skate and Livia and Alexia will battle for the second spot, it seems.

Sara-Maude - no comment 🥹😭
(Sad, cause she is Canadian and not doing well. But, I don’t like her skating skills); I get a weird feeling, she won’t have a good international season, this year)
I am surprised you don't like Sara-Maude skating skills. She is a solid all-around skater. She used to be an ice dancer with Edrian Paul Celestino.

Andrina

Rinkside
Isabeau. Her jumping technique may be questionable but her presence on the ice is undeniable. I could watch her skating for hours. She is as fluid as water, her movements are so smooth and natural. Amazing skater.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@Ichatdelune

I finally saw Minchae's Brahms.

My take on it :

The music cuts are acceptable. It is expected to have fast-slow-fast and to go from a movement to another as this is figure skating after all and skaters need this sort of deal. There wasn't really any displeasing to the ear cut (if you are not a musician, it would just fly by... )

Re the program,
The first part, the music completely overpowers Minchae. I guess it's okay. Most skaters don't do much in the first part of their programs and just do their 4 jumping passes.

Where Minchae was good was in the slow part. She followed the music much better.

The ending, with the return of the main theme from the second movement was good, with the step sequence and spin on the climax of the music.

I like the 2nd and 3rd movements very much so I am fine with this, but when you mentioned it, I thought she may have picked the first movement which may be easier to choreograph for a figure skater.

Here it is