2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Pairs Short Program

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Live scoring on the fan zone page: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/feature/2023ToyotaUSChamps

Good start to the pairs! Peacock is a bit delayed as live scoring was a couple elements ahead.
My Peacock stream started after the first pair skated! 😡 And sure enough, the first pair happened to be Timmy and Ellie who are in first place. Is an archived stream available at all for a short time, so I can actually see Ellie and Tim skate??? Bummer! Peacock is the pits!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My Peacock stream started after the first pair skated! 😡 And sure enough, the first pair happened to be Timmy and Ellie who are in first place. Is an archived stream available at all for a short time, so I can actually see Ellie and Tim skate??? Bummer! Peacock is the pits!
Timmy and Ellie skated 2nd. I’m still sorry you missed them🥲

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only the senior events then? Or all events? If so, what's the time frame? Thanks!

BTW, I don't see a thread for practice cams!
No one knows. It’s all very vague. @alyssamarie got the email. Perhaps she can clarify. And there is a thread for practice cams. I’m not too thrilled with it either as apparently my son thanked me for the stuffie.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
No one knows. It’s all very vague. @alyssamarie got the email. Perhaps she can clarify. And there is a thread for practice cams. I’m not too thrilled with it either as apparently my son thanked me for the stuffie.
I did not get an email i dm'd them on twitter since they're pretty responsive to me. Thats all I got. I'll reach out again for clarification.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Thanks @Janice4th! I was able to find the Korytek/ Chapman video on Facebook (which I seldom frequent) via a search under their names. I'm glad it was posted. If it had been posted to YouTube, it would have been removed. :(

Ellie & Timmy look very good together. I remember Ellie from the viral TikTok video of Chris Knierim teaching her 3 and 4 twists! Ellie flew so high with joy and fearlessness. Amazing video to check out under OnIcePerspectives.

Speaking of which, I just now see this beauty of a highlight video posted by Jordan Cowan of OIP (Ellie/Timmy fp? to Skyfall)

They really look good together. Kinda makes up for the loss of Smith/Deng. I hope Ellie is nearly finished growing? She has long legs, which a la Chelsea Liu/ Danny O'Shea, were used to beautiful effect choreographically during the ending lift dismount.

Ellie & Timmy display good timing, unison, close together and fast sbs spins (only slightly out of unison toward the end and slowed down with the leg tuck position change. Ellie perhaps was nervous on the 2-axel, which she executed two in a row fine, during the OIP fp clip.

It's nice to see these two spark plugs. I hope they can stay together and continue to develop. Timmy is 22 (born Sept. 2000), so they can't compete in juniors internationally. How old is Ellie?

Janice4th

On the Ice
Ellie is 14. Not sure how that is going to work for them internationally. The first year she will be Senior eligible is right before the Olympics.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ Thanks @Janice4th! I was able to find the Korytek/ Chapman video on Facebook (which I seldom frequent) via a search under their names. I'm glad it was posted. If it had been posted to YouTube, it would have been removed. :(

Ellie & Timmy look very good together. I remember Ellie from the viral TikTok video of Chris Knierim teaching her 3 and 4 twists! Ellie flew so high with joy and fearlessness. Amazing video to check out under OnIcePerspectives.

Speaking of which, I just now see this beauty of a highlight video posted by Jordan Cowan of OIP (Ellie/Timmy fp? to Skyfall)

They really look good together. Kinda makes up for the loss of Smith/Deng. I hope Ellie is nearly finished growing? She has long legs, which a la Chelsea Liu/ Danny O'Shea, were used to beautiful effect choreographically during the ending lift dismount.

Ellie & Timmy display good timing, unison, close together and fast sbs spins (only slightly out of unison toward the end and slowed down with the leg tuck position change. Ellie perhaps was nervous on the 2-axel, which she executed two in a row fine, during the OIP fp clip.

It's nice to see these two spark plugs. I hope they can stay together and continue to develop. Timmy is 22 (born Sept. 2000), so they can't compete in juniors internationally. How old is Ellie?
Not old enough. I doubt he will want to continue skating domestically for 2 more years. Perhaps the partnership is just so amazing he will be willing. I would like to see him skating with Jess Calalang, but they do skate at the same rink so I’m guessing if that were going to happen it would have already.

Honestly though you can put him together with anyone and he is good. He was good with Catherine Rivers last year and they were good, though not as good as he is with Ellie. He and his partner have won medals at every Juniors for I think the last 3 years? Not the gold yet but I think it’s coming here minus a major catastrophe today.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Thanks @moonvine. Do you know Ellie's age though? Similar situation to Sonia & Daniel who train under Meno/ Sand too. The new age limit rule ends up hurting U.S. pairs teams. There should be an exception made for individual skaters who are part of a team where the other skater is age eligible, and the teams clearly excel with senior-level skills. When these two were paired, they all knew what was in store. So what's the plan?

Timmy is too young for Jess. I'm not sure the dynamic is there, even though the physicality might be. Timmy is young and I think Jess would not be looking to compete long term. Brian & Jess were so magical together, it would be hard for her to find that kind of effortless, magical partnership again. Their 3-twist was so high, floaty and light, they made it look easy. It was amazing, and should always have garnered them 5 GOEs. The main issue was the sbs jumps. Although they had differing technique to overcome on throws, Jess mostly landed like a cat. They got huge height but not great distance. Their speed and SS were top-notch! Teams like Calalang/Johnson do not grow on trees. But they weren't always given the scores they deserved on everything, aside from the pesky sbs, which gave judges an excuse to dismiss their huge talent. That's why looking at Italy's Conti/ Maci being over-scored again, this time at Euros, has me shaking my head. But that's conversation for a different thread.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ Thanks @moonvine. Do you know Ellie's age though? Similar situation to Sonia & Daniel who train under Meno/ Sand too. The new age limit rule ends up hurting U.S. pairs teams. There should be an exception made for individual skaters who are part of a team where the other skater is age eligible, and the teams clearly excel with senior-level skills. When these two were paired, they all knew what was in store. So what's the plan?

Timmy is too young for Jess. I'm not sure the dynamic is there, even though the physicality might be. Timmy is young and I think Jess would not be looking to compete long term. Brian & Jess were so magical together, it would be hard for her to find that kind of effortless, magical partnership again. Their 3-twist was so high, floaty and light, they made it look easy. It was amazing, and should always have garnered them 5 GOEs. The main issue was the sbs jumps. Although they had differing technique to overcome on throws, Jess mostly landed like a cat. They got huge height but not great distance. Their speed and SS were top-notch! Teams like Calalang/Johnson do not grow on trees. But they weren't always given the scores they deserved on everything, aside from the pesky sbs, which gave judges an excuse to dismiss their huge talent. That's why looking at Italy's Conti/ Maci being over-scored again, this time at Euros, has me shaking my head. But that's conversation for a different thread.

Ellie is 13. She will not be able to skate Internationally until the year before the Olympic season. So what 2025? Timmy is 21. His jumps are good. I just can’t imagine he would give up all of 2023 (other than US Nationals) and only skate in club comps and NQS and next year’s Nationals as a Junior. Depending on his birthday that would make him at lest 23.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ellie is 13. She will not be able to skate Internationally until the year before the Olympic season. So what 2025? Timmy is 21. His jumps are good. I just can’t imagine he would give up all of 2023 (other than US Nationals) and only skate in club comps and NQS and next year’s Nationals as a Junior. Depending on his birthday that would make him at lest 23.
Timmy is currently 22. He was born in September 2000. Why would they pair these two then? Just for the experience?

Baram/Tioutmentsev are in a similar situation. I think Sonia will be 16 this year, so maybe 2024 - 2025 season they can compete internationally.

That's a huge age difference between Ellie and Timmy. Has anyone said in interviews what the reasoning is behind their pairing, and what the plans are going forward?