2024-25 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Canadian Figure Skating

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nothing about Maddie or Sara Maude. I thought their 4CC results were impressive enough.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if it's so much feedback and more what the PR person thinks makes a good story. They left out Lauriault/Le Gac for the ice dance moments when they won a Challenger medal, National medal and a 4CC small medal. Fabbri/Ayer were included for their comeback after his shoulder surgery.

So not so much the results, but do the results have a story that the PR person likes? (I don't necessarily agree with their choices for women, just trying to understand their thinking)

Last edited:

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Do we know whether Maddie is definitely continuing into next season? Has there been anything about her getting programmes choreographed, or anything like that? Things seem a bit quiet surrounding her from what I've seen - but I'm not in Canada and don't get all your news.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Do we know whether Maddie is definitely continuing into next season? Has there been anything about her getting programmes choreographed, or anything like that? Things seem a bit quiet surrounding her from what I've seen - but I'm not in Canada and don't get all your news.
She's currently touring with Canadian Stars On Ice. As far as I know she intends on continuing.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am really excited about Marjorie and Zach i think team could move onto the podium come Olympics. With the "downfall" of the Danadians they are Canada's no. 2 and if P squared retire no. 1. They just are exciting to watch and technically great. Piper and Paul still are podium worthy but I am not sure if they will ever get gold? I honestly don't find anyone exciting in ladies or a great potential artistically or technically. In the men Anthony Paradis is something to get excited about. But Wesley, Stephen and Roman seem to be a bit stagnant. I am curious if Stephen can deal with his growth. But these skaters have been around for a while so I am not sure they will improve much. Canada will still be in top ten in pairs with or without Deanna and Max. But no truly exciting team. Not sure there is enough time for her to get Canadian citizenship for the Olympics. Not sure there is enough time to join forces with an American guy at this point. I guess she could try for 2030? But she would be like 46 or so. Not much hope for an olympic team medal at this point.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am really excited about Marjorie and Zach i think team could move onto the podium come Olympics. With the "downfall" of the Danadians they are Canada's no. 2 and if P squared retire no. 1. They just are exciting to watch and technically great. Piper and Paul still are podium worthy but I am not sure if they will ever get gold? I honestly don't find anyone exciting in ladies or a great potential artistically or technically. In the men Anthony Paradis is something to get excited about. But Wesley, Stephen and Roman seem to be a bit stagnant. I am curious if Stephen can deal with his growth. But these skaters have been around for a while so I am not sure they will improve much. Canada will still be in top ten in pairs with or without Deanna and Max. But no truly exciting team. Not sure there is enough time for her to get Canadian citizenship for the Olympics. Not sure there is enough time to join forces with an American guy at this point. I guess she could try for 2030? But she would be like 46 or so. Not much hope for an olympic team medal at this point.
deanna will get her citizenship. Nothing to worry about.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For the ladies….. I think Canada made good strides at Junior Worlds and at the Novice Girls event in Slovenia.

At Junior Worlds, Lulu TES scores at her second international event, was impressive. She was at 64 (if she was a Senior skater, it would be 68 with step sequence). What impressed me the most, is the fact that other skaters TES scores were higher and then when the judges reviewed the jumps, they went lower than Lulu. Lulu TES score remained the same. Zero under rotations and edge calls. She landed all her triples. I think that is a good result. She finished in 6th place in the free skate in a field with Korean and Japanese skaters. Also, level 4 in all her spins too!!

Also, Lia at her first international novice event, was remarkable. She landed all the triples with no under rotations and so much speed and flow. If she was a junior, her technical score would easily be 60+. Also, the other Canadian girls placed 2nd and 3rd with a bunch of triple jumps too.

I just feel I have to come to the Canadian Ladies defence. With the men, we have Artistry oozing out of Anthony… but, with the ladies, the technical side of things isn’t looking too bad.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Surely there are other Canadian women who can do consistent triples and have good spins? For some reason Maddie gets lower levels on her spins and the junior who once skated to Harry Potter (can't remember her name right now, but she has a very cute smile and looks like she loves skating) gets dinged for her PCS unfairly.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Surely there are other Canadian women who can do consistent triples and have good spins? For some reason Maddie gets lower levels on her spins and the junior who once skated to Harry Potter (can't remember her name right now, but she has a very cute smile and looks like she loves skating) gets dinged for her PCS unfairly.
Her name is Kaiya Ruiter. Sure, her PCS could be higher but the real issue she has now, perhaps related to the injury she sustained, is a lack of rotation on many of her jumps. So her BV gets dinged severely.

Sackie

Medalist
And it seems for some CAN skaters once they get known for under rotations it never goes away. Sometimes it gets over looked at home but internationally she gets dinged hard while other skaters never get called.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And it seems for some CAN skaters once they get known for under rotations it never goes away. Sometimes it gets over looked at home but internationally she gets dinged hard while other skaters never get called.
she got dinged at home too... i just sincerely hope that this year is going to be a healthy one and that she will have the necessary speed and power to fix this.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hope some of the posters who think our pairs are not deep read this. How many international medals, senior and junior combined did Canadian pairs win this year : A LOT !

And the 4 junior pairs can skate juniors for a while and will not have issues transitioning to seniors.

PLUS I love me some Max and some Yoni :)

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I hope some of the posters who think our pairs are not deep read this. How many international medals, senior and junior combined did Canadian pairs win this year : A LOT !

And the 4 junior pairs can skate juniors for a while and will not have issues transitioning to seniors.

PLUS I love me some Max and some Yoni :)
5 junior pairs! (Acknowledging Callahan / Roch's bronze medal at 2023 Trophee Metropole Nice Cote d’Azur as well.)