United-States

Attachments

• wc2024_ExhProgram.pdf
    483.8 KB · Views: 159

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The list of participants in the Gala is here: https://cloudisu.sharepoint.com/sites/SharedDocs/Media/Forms/AllItems.aspx?ga=1&id=/sites/SharedDocs/Media/ISU Figure Skating 2023-24/FS-WC-Montreal/Schedules/wc2024_ExhProgram.pdf&parent=/sites/SharedDocs/Media/ISU Figure Skating 2023-24/FS-WC-Montreal/Schedules.

I have tried to enclose a PDF below. Don't know whether it will show up when I post this. I hope Hana does her Star Wars exhibition that she did at Skate America.
:thank: The PDF format is perfect. Often the gala program is in a format that makes it well nigh impossible to print (sometimes have to resort to screen shot!).

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
A little sad for the choice of time for the gala. It the time chosen would've been in the evening/night (like 7 or 8 pm), it could be watched by different time zones worldwide life (morning or early afternoon in Europe, next day morning here in Asia etc).
Hopefully it can be watched on demand in one of these streaming platforms later.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be watching the gala live in the arena, though I'm up early, still quite sad, and really don't know what to do today other than go to the famous Notre Dame Basilica and pray.

If this is the last ride for the bunny hat girl, then this has been one wild ride.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be watching the gala live in the arena, though I'm up early, still quite sad, and really don't know what to do today other than go to the famous Notre Dame Basilica and pray.

If this is the last ride for the bunny hat girl, then this has been one wild ride.

:ghug:

. I am not certain that Palm Sunday services are the best for someone in an already sad mood.

I hope that at least some of the skaters choose upbeat programs to help you over the disappointment. Too bad they did not invite Donovan, who would have been certain to do so. :)

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:ghug:

. I am not certain that Palm Sunday services are the best for someone in an already sad mood.

I hope that at least some of the skaters choose upbeat programs to help you over the disappointment. Too bad they did not invite Donovan, who would have been certain to do so. :)
Haha, I didn't even consider the liturgical calendar, I converted to Buddhism years ago and Easter to me means gathering with family at brunch buffets. 😂

Also, a nice hot shower has already put me in a better mood. 🙂

I'm still going to visit the cathedral though, it's really close to where I'm staying, and I haven't had the chance to visit it it yet!

Its bells just started ringing right while finishing up this post!

Last edited:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad they did not invite Donovan, who would have been certain to do so. :)
I must also mention that Donovan has been one of the absolute highlights of my time here. His programs were incredibly fun. His costumes were the sparkliest things I've ever seen. His family gave me an autographed hat and a couple of keychains after they saw me cheering for him at the practice rink. And I even got a selfie with him last night just before the last two groups of men! As someone who lives close to the US-Mexico border, I couldn't be more proud of him. 😊 I'm slightly disappointed that he wasn't invited (along with Deniss, Katya Kurakova, and even Kao) but I'm looking forward to other fun stuff!

Axel Rose

On the Ice
Thanks @PaulE for the Exhibition Program. I have copied it into the first post!

It does seem odd, especially when they invited LOPAREVA & BRISSAUD, who finished 8th. Perhaps LaJoie & Lagha were ill?
Is also find this odd. Thought it was because they are from I.AM, but so are LaLa.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't normally watch galas, but I might make the effort for this one, but because there were so many great moments and stories in this WC.

In every single event, the small gold medals were split. Nobody swept their entire event. Even though the "big gold" is what everyone craves, winning a segment is something to be really proud of, I would think. So, it was like more glory to go around.

Think of the great stories: Deanna winning a WC at home at age 40. Adam's crazy climb up the ranks. The Japanese pair persevering through injuries. Jason getting the job done HIS way, unapologetically. Ilia's wild ride. Isabeau coming back from a disaster Nationals. The overalls strength of the Japanese men. The German pairs.

This is one I'll remember.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's probably because of all those Canadian guest men.
I think you're probably right. I don't know the political dynamics of choosing gala participants, but they probably want to spread the wealth around to different countries.

Although I'd personally rather see La/La than any of the guest men, with the possible exception of Patrick.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What? The MSO (Montreal Symphony Orchestra) is going ? WOW!!!

I am fine with Keegan and Patrick being there... I'd prefer Jeff Buttle or even Nam to Elvis.... Of course, Kurt is no longer doing shows... but Elvis... I feel like I have seen him a million times... Why not invite Anthony Paradis then ?

My take on LaLa is that with the very little time of training due to the concussion is that they may have decided not to take part and didn't prepare a program.

I love L/B so I am fine with them being there. Their RD is in my top 3 of the year.

The Georgian pair is an interesting choice...if they wanted to bring diversity in the nations invited, they had other good options ;) like the Australians who are SO much more compelling... Okay, shower and over there.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Looks like Riku/Ryuichi declined their invite. I hope Ryuichi's health is okay. He was able to attend the 2nd medal ceremony, so I hope it wasn't too serious.

I am excited to see Patrick and Keegan. This gala has a good lineup. though inviting 8th-place pairs from Georgia is :scratch2:. I mean, why didn't they go even more Canadian and invite LaLa and/or Roman? :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looks like Riku/Ryuichi declined their invite. I hope Ryuichi's health is okay. He was able to attend the 2nd medal ceremony, so I hope it wasn't too serious.

I am excited to see Patrick and Keegan. This gala has a good lineup. though inviting 8th-place pairs from Georgia is :scratch2:. I mean, why didn't they go even more Canadian and invite LaLa and/or Roman? :laugh:
I am fine they did not invite more Canadians
.. but there are other choices that could have certainly been made if they wanted to please me and I bet many fans.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We bring the curtain down on our visit to Montréal with the Gala. And it would be a nice time to watch for me, except that I haven't seen any of the Free Skate segments yet, and hence don't know the resutls (nor do I want to know!)

Livestream for the Gala is now on air.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMyl0hAe3iA

And here is the Time Schedule (you need to sign in to view the PDF, so here is the start order in the Original Post of this thread. Thank you @PaulE and @dorispulaski):
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/3263999

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan