4 Nationals Championships 2023-24 (POL, CZE, HUN, SVK) | Page 10 | Golden Skate

4 Nationals Championships 2023-24 (POL, CZE, HUN, SVK)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been jumping countries all day for my sampler plate of skaters. I got mixed up a couple times and probably goofed something up somewhere in one of the rewatches. Please be kind if you find a screw-up.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Kinda sad that Hancock and Fourati changed their mad choreo slide but I can see why they did. I believe there's 2 Hungarian spots for Euros, I would think that's enough for them to get it..
You're right, it kept getting negative GOE and they're trying to increase their GOE and PCS to match their TES. The trouble is the Judges ask for innovation and creativity and change the rules accordingly, but when they get it, do not respond favourably. This Panel and the Czech audience didn't seem to appreciate Depeche Mode either. Probably too Avant Garde in a field skating to Nutcracker, Phantom and Swan Lake. But I love the originality of Lucy & Ilias. In the Rhythm Dance we heard Bonnie Tyler singing "Bright Eyes" 3 times in a field of 10 couples. Lucy & Ilias skated to the Pet Shop Boys in unisex Black and White costumes. 🖤🤍 I think originality and creativity should be rewarded more! And yes, they will be at Europeans. 🇭🇺🇭🇺👏👏💕💕

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
This Panel and the Czech audience didn't seem to appreciate Depeche Mode either. Probably too Avant Garde in a field skating to Nutcracker, Phantom and Swan Lake. But I love the originality of Lucy & Ilias. In the Rhythm Dance we heard Bonnie Tyler singing "Bright Eyes" 3 times in a field of 10 couples. Lucy & Ilias skated to the Pet Shop Boys in unisex Black and White costumes. 🖤🤍 I think originality and creativity should be rewarded more!

I think that aren't used to much avant garde style , about Nutcracker or Swan lake is hard adapt ballet elements stage to figure skating or ice dance and keep the same emotion and context. Maybe the big test for a choreographer is do something avant-garde and keep the same emotion and context also technical elements "talks unison to music"

About Lucy and Illias I think the choreography is good but Depeche mode (my favorite band) music isn't for that choreography neither costume (it reminded rather paso doble, toreador even Bolero) because needs express even the emotions of that song like sweetest perfection and personal Jesus and Depeche mode style is more break concepts and the conventional rules and like a little dark concept.