4CC Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

4CC Entries

KBell

Rinkside
Not just last names. A lot of Korean first names are more or less the same or very similar. When I was at university, I had two other girls in the class of 30 with the same last name (Kim) and first names (Korean equivalent of Mary). To differentiate three of us in the same class, the faculty labeled me Mary Kim A, the second girl Mary Kim B and the third one Mary Kim C. This tops any residential school in Northern Ontario.

Funny we had Kim A. & Kim B in my 1st and 2nd grade class - I was Kim B. My last name actually begins with a B and the other Kim's last name actually began with an A. so it worked out well for us - even our middle names were the same!

luvsasha

Final Flight
Speaking of male skater "Min-seok", "Seok" sounds very similar to English word "suck".

Continuing on my university saga, I went to teacher training on my final year (I was at teacher's college) and was assigned to a class to shadow one of the senior teachers. One of the boys' name in my class was "Bum-seok (first name) You(Last name)". Koreans put their family name first and given name last, so basically this kid was called You Bum-Suck.

Sorry for the distractions, now back to business.

:rofl: oh, wow, that totally made my morning! thank you!!!

beep_beep

Medalist
Disclaimer: another non-serious post :)

On the funny name subject:
Let's do some translating into portuguese

mao = mal = badly
asada = assada = baked

fedor = stench

So, in portuguese, Mao Asada is someone that didn't stay in the oven long enough and Fedor Andreev is just a boy with a smelly name

:p

shine

Record Breaker
It's going to be a three-way showdown between Abbott, Chan and Kozuka, all with exceptional skills and fantastic skaters' skaters. I think I haven't felt as excited about a rivalry in YEARS! And 4CC is almost like the new Euros! :love:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's going to be a three-way showdown between Abbott, Chan and Kozuka, all with exceptional skills and fantastic skaters' skaters. I think I haven't felt as excited about a rivalry in YEARS! And 4CC is almost like the new Euros! :love:

Don't forget about Oda who overtook Kozuka for the Japanese National title and he also overtook Weir and Ponsero for the NHK Trophy this season. He's certainly in the medal mix too! I'm very excited about 4CC too!! :love::bow::agree:

turtle

On the Ice
Mao Asada skates right before Yu-Na Kim. Haha I love it :laugh:

I read somewhere that when Mao skates before YuNa, she always beat YuNa. I haven't checked the facts to see if this has always been true but I can easily imagine the pressure YuNa will be under when she steps into the rink after watching a clean program from Mao. Have they ever skated back to back before?

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I read somewhere that when Mao skates before YuNa, she always beat YuNa. I haven't checked the facts to see if this has always been true but I can easily imagine the pressure YuNa will be under when she steps into the rink after watching a clean program from Mao. Have they ever skated back to back before?

at the Grand Prix Final this year, in the Free.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
fedor = stench

So, in portuguese, Fedor Andreev is just a boy with a smelly name

:p

I now have an image of a legion of angry Fedor fans marching on Portugal.

:rofl: You got that right, MissIzzy! Fedor Fanatics will leave Portugal in ruins! :laugh:

The name Fedor is the Russian version of Theodore, which means "God's gift". Can't argue with that! :biggrin: :love: