6.0 judging for CoR Ladies | Golden Skate

6.0 judging for CoR Ladies

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I wanted to try and guess what the results would be if the 2013 CoR judged had been judged with the 6.0 system... Here's my scoring:
SP:
1) Julia Lipnitskaya 5.8+5.8= 11.6
2) Carolina Kostner 5.7+5.9= 11.6
3) Mirai Nagasu 5.8+5.6= 11.4
4) Agnes Zawadzki 5.7+5.6= 11.3
5) Satoko Miyahara 5.6+5.7= 11.3
6) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 5.4+5.8= 11.2
7) Kanako Murakami 5.2+5.4= 10.6 (under the 6.0 system, her flip wouldn't have been penalized too much)
8) Haruka Imai 5.0+5.3= 10.3
9) Nikol Gosviani 4.6+5.0= 9.6

FS
1) Kanako Murakami 5.7+5.7=11.4 (the only one with seven clean triples, but there is the flutz)
2) Carolina Kostner 5.4+5.8=11.2
3) Mirai Nagasu 5.6+5.6=11.2
4) Nikol Gosviani 5.6+5.5=11.1
5) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 5.4+5.6=11.1
6) Satoko Miyahara 5.5+5.5=11.0
7) Julia Lipnitskaya 5.3+5.5=10.8
8) Haruka Imai 5.3+5.4=10.7
9) Agnes Zawadzki 5.2+5.3=10.5

Total:
1) Carolina Kostner 1+2= 3.0
2) Kanako Murakami 3.5+1= 4.5
3) Mirai Nagasu 1.5+3= 4.5
4) Nikol Gosviani 4.5+3= 7.5
5) Julia Lipnitskaya 0.5+7= 7.5
6) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3+5= 8.0
7) Satoko Miyahara 2.5+6= 8.5
8) Agnes Zawadzki 2+9= 11.0
9) Haruka Imai 4+8= 12.0

Slightly a different result :biggrin: What do you think?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted to try and guess what the results would be if the 2013 CoR judged had been judged with the 6.0 system... Here's my scoring:
SP:
1) Julia Lipnitskaya 5.8+5.8= 11.6
2) Carolina Kostner 5.7+5.9= 11.6
3) Mirai Nagasu 5.8+5.6= 11.4
4) Agnes Zawadzki 5.7+5.6= 11.3
5) Satoko Miyahara 5.6+5.7= 11.3
6) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 5.4+5.8= 11.2
7) Kanako Murakami 5.2+5.4= 10.6 (under the 6.0 system, her flip wouldn't have been penalized too much)
8) Haruka Imai 5.0+5.3= 10.3
9) Nikol Gosviani 4.6+5.0= 9.6

FS
1) Kanako Murakami 5.7+5.7=11.4 (the only one with seven clean triples, but there is the flutz)
2) Carolina Kostner 5.4+5.8=11.2
3) Mirai Nagasu 5.6+5.6=11.2
4) Nikol Gosviani 5.6+5.5=11.1
5) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 5.4+5.6=11.1
6) Satoko Miyahara 5.5+5.5=11.0
7) Julia Lipnitskaya 5.3+5.5=10.8
8) Haruka Imai 5.3+5.4=10.7
9) Agnes Zawadzki 5.2+5.3=10.5

Total:
1) Carolina Kostner 1+2= 3.0
2) Kanako Murakami 3.5+1= 4.5
3) Mirai Nagasu 1.5+3= 4.5
4) Nikol Gosviani 4.5+3= 7.5
5) Julia Lipnitskaya 0.5+7= 7.5
6) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3+5= 8.0
7) Satoko Miyahara 2.5+6= 8.5
8) Agnes Zawadzki 2+9= 11.0
9) Haruka Imai 4+8= 12.0

Slightly a different result :biggrin: What do you think?

You forgot to give Julia points for being Russian in Russia. I think she would get at least 5.5/5.8=11.3 in the FS.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
You forgot to give Julia points for being Russian in Russia. I think she would get at least 5.5/5.8=11.3 in the FS.
I agree, but I tried to imagine this competition in an ideal world where Russians in Russia are not overscored ;)

ivy

On the Ice
I don't remember all the intricacies of 6.0. How exactly factored placements and or OBO scoring worked etc. I wonder whether Murakami would have scored so well skating first in the FS - those skaters tended to be held down to leave room on judges score card. Also Lip would probably gotten a higher Artistic mark in the FS - it's the kind of program judges like to reward

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Caro's LP would score higher for tech, because top tier skaters (think Sasha, Michelle, Irina) would get 5.6 in tech even for subpar programs.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Lip would have gotten 5.3/5.7 (should be 5.3/5.6, but in Russia). This would place her 6th in the FS, and 4th overall, which is about right.

Murakami probably would not have skated well enough in the SP to climb to 2nd, I don't think. But if she placed 7th or higher and won the FS, she might have. However, given it was the technical program, that failed combo would have been a HUGE deduction for her.

My final standings would have been: 1) Kostner (2nd + 2nd = 3.0); 2) Nagasu (3rd + 3rd = 4.5); 3) Lipnitskaia (1st + 4th = 4.5); 4) Murakami (8th + 1st = 5.0)

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I don't remember all the intricacies of 6.0. How exactly factored placements and or OBO scoring worked etc. I wonder whether Murakami would have scored so well skating first in the FS - those skaters tended to be held down to leave room on judges score card. Also Lip would probably gotten a higher Artistic mark in the FS - it's the kind of program judges like to reward

For a men's short program under 6.0. "If you fall on a jump, you can be anywhere from 0.3 to 0.4 of a point. If you step out on a jump, 0.2 to 0.3 of a point. If you touch down even, it's 0.1 to 0.2 of a point. All I can say is, don't make a mistake."

ucrgirl

On the Ice

LOL. "Skating While Russian" IN Russia is a probably a big bonus. How much GOE do you get for that in IJS?

Mao88

Record Breaker
SP:

The most significant aspect of your post is your stated location - Italy. Enough said. I could go into detail about what I think about your post, but I had better not - except to say that Julia won fair and square. Get over it. And but for some ridiculously inflated PCS scores, Kostner should have finished 3rd behind Mirai Nagasu.

Julia is a superb skater and she is the one that is most likely to win the bronze in Sochi behind Mao & Kim - not Carolina. Accept reality

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The most significant aspect of your post is your stated location - Italy. Enough said. I could go into detail about what I think about your post, but I had better not - except to say that Julia won fair and square. Get over it. And but for some ridiculously inflated PCS scores, Kostner should have finished 3rd behind Mirai Nagasu.

Julia is a superb skater and she is the one that is most likely to win the bronze in Sochi behind Mao & Kim - not Carolina. Accept reality

Haha, and where are you from? Russia? Japan?
Mao should finish 10th with her cheated jumps, and Mirai should retire.
Julia should go back to being a child, instead of breaking all of her bones before hitting 17. How's that?

No, no. Mao wasn't there, so never mind that. Mirai should have won, Julia second, and Carolina takes a costume deduction and finishes third.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Haha, and where are you from? Russia? Japan?
Mao should finish 10th with her cheated jumps, and Mirai should retire.
Julia should go back to being a child, instead of breaking all of her bones before hitting 17. How's that?

Neither.

Whatever you think of Julia and Mao, I would say that their lasting legacy to figure skating is likely to be considerably greater than Rachael Flatts

Aw, let it go, FF. OK?

Rachael has a bright future ahead of her. Nuff said.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I need to ignore Mao fans. And Julia fans. Then I will just post and talk to myself in the future. :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
What gives you the idea that Lipnitskaya would receive 5.5 for presentation? That's completely offbase and a higher score doesn't have anything to do with skating in Russia. Her presentation is simply better than that. The marks she received at Skate Canada this season are like the marks Michelle Kwan received at 1995 Skate America - both young girls skated perfect technical performances with 7 Triples and great artistry, and won the competition, but the marks were held down. Then, at their next competitions, they didn't skate as well in the LP, but they won the SP and actually got higher marks for presentation in the LP because they were now more established.

The Long Programs would likely have been scored as:

1. Nagasu
2. Murakami (obviously deserves 1st rank, but skating poorly and being out of the final flight after the SP means your marks get held down)
3. Kostner
4. Lipnitskaya
5. Miyahara
6. Tuktamesheva
7. Zawadski

Which means the overall result would be:

1. Nagasu
2. Kostner
3. Lipnitskaya
4. Murakami
5. Miyahara
6. Tuktamesheva
7. Zawadski

David21

On the Ice

The reality is that anything can happen in Sochi so your statement seems rather strange...

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
The reality is that anything can happen in Sochi so your statement seems rather strange...

I so agree. I mean, I'm not even 100% sold on the idea that Yu-na will be there. I mean, I know it's the consensus amongst fans here that she will be there, but I bet if she has even the slightest doubt she will win gold, she won't show. So if she's 100% fit and ready, she'll be there and she'll in all likelihood win gold. But I'm sure they have some PR-Pageant role for her at the 2018 games planned out, and to be there as the reigning silver medalist??? Blurgh, no! Better stay home and protect that legacy! Look what happened to Plushchenko? I'm sure Yu-na doesn't want to show up in Korea pretending she won a *platinum* medal. So if she doesn't show up, that leaves a whole other medal open for the taking. Who knows? Maybe both Julia AND Carolina will medal!!

Actually, the whole thing reminds me of a quote from the Simpsons, when Lisa Simpson is predicting who will make it to the Superbowl, and she says "I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart. Seattle because they got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat." Isn't that exactly like the situation for the third medal at Sochi? Carolina is pure of heart, Ashley has something to prove, and Julia has the Russian Fed behind her with their excellent experience in cheating/*rule-massaging*. It's anyone's game!!!

EricRohmer

On the Ice
And but for some ridiculously inflated PCS scores, Kostner should have finished 3rd behind Mirai Nagasu.

Kostner made two visible mistakes at both SP+LP.
Although I think her LP PCS was somewhat inflated, I would rank 1. Kostner 2. Lipni.. 3. Nagasu.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Julia still would have won, have you guys forgot about block Judging? How many of these judges are European/Ex Russia again? So I think the ranking will still be Julia, Carolina and then Liza.

(Although a little part of me still think Mirai will get a chance for a third, because they will be some vote trading to ensure Julia's win ;) and it'd be sort of like anti American - Like telling US since your worst skater won here, so clearly you have no idea what you are talking about with your US nationals farce etc)

Okay I joke of course... it will be totally fair and totally unbiased like all how all ISU judging are. :sarcasm:

FSGMT

Record Breaker

:confused: My goal wasn't to attack Julia, I actually like her skating a lot! I just wanted to share my opinion about this CoR results, that are for me a bit unfair, so I tried to "judge" this competition with the 6.0 system (being totally unbiased, so not considering for example the home crowd advantage) and see what the result would be... One of the posters here actually said that my score for Carolina was a bit too low! This is just my opinion, of course: if you want, you can post the scores you'd give and we can discuss about the differences... Can you say that Carolina's FS wasn't the best of the night, artistically, or that Kanako's wasn't the best, technically (using the 6.0 standards?)