Adelina Sotnikova | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh, so she is dumping her 2 programs from last year (RIP SP) and Emanuel Sandhu will be her choreographer. Not too happy about that but we will see what they come up with. Will start tomorrow on new programs.

http://m.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170405/1118655595.html

Also Plushenko and Sot have been working together for a couple of weeks, they are looking compete beyond the Olympic season and the Federation had been notified of the switch yesterday.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Our girl is now a businesswoman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI55mXk5NDg

Ayyy I'm ready for her to be Yana R.'s new beauty business protege :D

also can anyone tell me if she's planning to create her own nail polish brand? if so, I'm ready for her to take all my money

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
Ugh, so she is dumping her 2 programs from last year (RIP SP) and Emanuel Sandhu will be her choreographer. Not too happy about that but we will see what they come up with. Will start tomorrow on new programs.

http://m.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170405/1118655595.html

Also Plushenko and Sot have been working together for a couple of weeks, they are looking compete beyond the Olympic season and the Federation had been notified of the switch yesterday.

Ah ok, well we will see how it goes. It would be hard to come back, with all the young girls Russia has but she can continue to try if she wants. If anything and she doesn't continue, she could become a coach if she wants.

Agreed about the youtube video, it looks like the nail salon, which she started a long time now.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
LOL
Am I the only one that didn't know about the nail salon then? 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Mony

On the Ice
Maybe it was hacked again :shrug: Is it gone?

It is there but she had said something about getting it back and then the following day a guy posted on it saying it is his account and blah blah, so I don't know what's going on with it, so I stopped following her.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is there but she had said something about getting it back and then the following day a guy posted on it saying it is his account and blah blah, so I don't know what's going on with it, so I stopped following her.

It's just hacked. This been going on since Sochi, it keeps getting hacked.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No one knows. Rumor has it she is injured. No clue what kind of injury just that she didn't participate in a master class a week ago because of it.

She didn't participate at Florence ice gala last Saturday. According some Plush's Italian fans she has ankle injury.Probably they asked Ari Zakarian.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's just hacked. This been going on since Sochi, it keeps getting hacked.

Poor Adelina, I was really pleased to see it was back up and then suddenly the next day some crazy guy was posting all sorts of stuff... Can't people be decent human beings?

Also, shame about her ankle injury! I hope she gets better soon.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Buyanova

- What are the feelings you experienced after winning at the Olympics in Sochi with Adelina Sotnikova?

- Olympic Games - a special start, which completely dilutes coach and athlete. Inside there is only emptiness, because it was so long to this success, so much energy, emotions, nerves were spent. Today, some things I understand better than it was then. At that time I did not have enough experience. With Adelina I felt that after the victory at the Olympics immediately go on the ice to continue to ride - it is impossible. I thought that the athlete should be given time to enjoy his victory, success. This is a very important and special moment when the wings grow behind his back and you are carried away somewhere very far away.

- Since you have already some experience, what should be the optimal time for a break - a month or two a year ...

- year deal. But it all depends on the athlete, experience, desire, motivation, goals. In our situation with Adelina, perhaps the negative role played by the injury. Athlete injured on the eve of the Grand Prix in Moscow. Before that Adelina did not have any serious sores. And after the games somewhere relaxed, not trained as before. That's triggered a accumulative effect-just a little bit and this resulted in injury.

And what more, all gone a bit out of the other side, where it is necessary, too, can understand. The temptation is great. And the question is, will choose the athlete himself. In any case, it will be his choice.

Fully admit that at that moment Adelina herself undecided until the end of what she wants. But I like the coach tried to maintain an athlete in all. It is believed that this decision of her family, the parents, so that they need.

- How did you react to the decision to resume Adelina career and training with Evgeni Plushenko?

- All last season I hardly saw Adelina. About that, where it is located, I learned from the Internet. It's a shame that she informed of its decision on the phone by sending SMS. Knowing her, I understand - yes, it's easier. But in life we ​​must be able to overpower you.

Adelina - adult. Good athlete. Wonderful rides, feels the music, the motor is very gifted. She was a wonderful actress, which will be claimed in any show. It develops, tries himself in various fields. I like it.

As for the resumption of his sports career, so far it is a pointless conversation. As far as I know, according to most athletes, it is now seriously injured, and I think that ice preparations had not yet been dealt with. Not going to argue, but they say that the rink Zhenya custom, and this is bad for athletes at this level. Zhenya as a coach can not say anything, because to do so it is necessary to bring up at least one athlete. What is his school - talk early, because the school - it is the coaches and the results of the students, but now everything is just beginning.

Adelina wants to return. But wants three years. Zhenya wants to try. But so far it's all lip service. God forbid, if they succeed - I'd be happy. Peter Tchernysev and Irina Tagaeva their work done, gave the girl a profession, learned a lot. How Adelina dispose of it, only time will tell.

Source: http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/2993-elena-buyanova-u-nashikh-sportsmenok-silnyj-kharakter.html