Adult skating scene in Chicago North Shore / NW suburb? | Golden Skate

Adult skating scene in Chicago North Shore / NW suburb?

cxptz

Rinkside
Hello everyone! So I might be moving to Chicago north/northwest suburb next year for work. I am curious what their adult skating scene is like.
I've been skating at a middle of nowhere rink that has more casual adult skaters than younger competitive skaters. However from what I read and from the one rink I've visited in the area (Glenview), they are definitely more on the elite/competitive side, which sounds a bit intimidating lol. I know there are tons of rinks over there, I wonder if there are rinks that have a larger adult skating community. Also, how easy would it be to find a coach that's willing to work with adult recreational skater?
Any info would be appreciated!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
You might look into the Robert Crown Center in Evanston. I no longer live in the Chicago area so not sure what it’s like now, but I think they used to have a good # of classes and a pretty active adult skating community. FYI, Evanston is farther east than Glenview (it’s where Northwestern is located and is right near the lake) so if you end up living in far NW burbs it may not be convenient for you. Good luck!

mskater93

Record Breaker
PM me with where in the Chicagoland area you are thinking about moving. There are a number of enclaves of adult skaters (from beginners --> Masters Junior/Senior competitors) at a few pockets of rinks. I can also recommend coaches depending on where you are thinking. I've been skating in Chicagoland a long time.