Adult Skating | Golden Skate

Adult Skating

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yesterday I just found out that the rink I skate at discontinued all of the adult group skating lessons. It seems there was dispute about giving the lessons to skaters that purchased a year pass. I was told that I was able to participate in the group lessons if I had a year pass. It seems that information was wrong and the management got mad because no one was paying extra for the quick 5 min. lesson we were getting. Instead of reorganizing the adult classes and letting us know of the the dispute they just said NO MORE classes:( So now if we want a lesson we have to go the private route which can be very expensive.
The cost for a private 1/2 hour lesson is about $50.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
$50????? Good grief, do you have famous coaches there--seriously, former elite skaters? That's significantly more than most coaches I know charge per half hour.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Good grief, do you have famous coaches there--seriously, former elite skaters?
The most well known coach we have would be Christa Fassi. Other coaches would be Vicki Heasley-World & Olympic team member; Darlene Dyer- US National Champion & World team member; Julie Newman-Olympic team member & World Silver medalist; Terry Kudrna-US National and World coach; Suzy Schurman-3 time National Champion, Olympic/World team member. Those are the credentials they list. There are other coaches with less titles but most are gold test skaters.

soogar

Record Breaker
Are you able to take informal lessons from a junior skater? Pay a teen a few bucks to instruct you?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
There are a few other instructors that are probably less expensive to take from. I don't think there are any junior skaters giving lessons at the rink, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check it out.