Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pretty sure she's a "regular" customer of Lisa McKinnon. She is always very well-dressed. I am really enjoying seeing her skate with Brandon. I love Chris, and when he was healthy, he was an amazing partner for her. As of late, I was beginning to feel like he was holding her back. She looks so happy, and Chris seems to be super supportive. Definitely sad for Haven (and Tarah Kayne) too. Their injuries were really tough...Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself moonvine. So happy for you! :clap:
I did! It’s funny you should mention him holding her back. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I thought her nervousness was more for him than for herself. She is dubious. But it’s not like I know Alexa personally so we will probably never know!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did! It’s funny you should mention him holding her back. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I thought her nervousness was more for him than for herself. She is dubious. But it’s not like I know Alexa personally so we will probably never know!
On the other hand, skaters express themselves emotionally, most of them do anyway and that's a big draw for me at least. So I think what we interpret and intuit through our emotions and theirs may often be quite valid. And I definitely also had the feeling that Alexa was always "watching" Chris and worrying about him, and that affected her jumping. She's freed from that with Brandon. Of course, with all of Chris's injuries in the past few years, it's not surprising she'd be half looking out to make sure he didn't hurt himself. I also felt during the last couple of years that Chris didn't want to be "out there" and was doing it for Alexa. So it was great that he got what he really wanted, #1. to retire, and #2. for her to continue.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
:yahoo:Congratulations to Alexa and Brandon for their TE Silver, and especially for their standout, knockout, breathtaking performance in the short. Side note: Alexa's SP dress couldn't be more stunning.

Hope their experiences on Beijing ice in the TE helps them have great programs in the individual events! :pray: they (and teammates Ash & Tim) have the skates of their lives!!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
As far as lost revenue goes..where? I don't think anyone illegally downloads music from skating programs especially if there are 'clean' , not interrupted by commentary or audience noise, versions available. I also don't think anyone tuned in solely because they wanted to hear the song again and there are no other options to do so.
If anything, they got free advertising.
Also it's not like the program was premiered during the olys.
I can see how they legally might have a case, if they were in fact not asked for permission, but it seems...nitpicky.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Alexa quit selling her bags? I wanted to pick up a gold one to celebrate the WC but the site is down.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the CBC television broadcast of the duo's long program with Kurt Browning and Meagan Duhamel as commentators (no short programs were aired). I had to upload their performance on Streamable because Dailymotion rejected it due to the music.

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Post-LP Interview + Medal Ceremony Clip (CBC TV 720p):

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
These vids are less significant, but Kurt and Meagan talk about Alexa & Brandon in both.

2022 Worlds Opening Montage + Pairs Discussion + SP Recap (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Pairs LP Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Glad to hear they feel they are still working to get back in "competitive shape"- hopefully we will see some of that back by the GPF

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
So glad to see how they have improved since Skate America and John Wilson- good to see them working hard to be competitive with M/K (whom I also adore). Looking forward to Nationals and the rest of the season