Alexander Petrov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mishin and Plushy. Sasha was just really unlucky with this set of judges. He's never had a problem before until today. Of all the Russian under-18 skaters, on average Sasha has had the best PCS marks this season. Better than Adian, Lazukin, Kurbanov, Aliev etc.
Also, Russian fed doesn't give a sh## about Sasha, on a whole this applies to most St Petersburg skaters except for the big names.
So not enough back up from his own fed as I suspect.
And JSF doesn't have any promising ladies at the moment so it's understandable they pay more attention to their men.
Poor Sasha... :disapp: Still he medaled so that's matters.

adelia

Record Breaker
So not enough back up from his own fed as I suspect.
And JSF doesn't have any promising ladies at the moment so it's understandable they pay more attention to their men.
Poor Sasha... :disapp: Still he medaled so that's matters.
Like Sandpiper said, gotta send some flowers to Boyang. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No, you were right. You know why? Because if he had tried a quad and fallen, his PCS marks would have been in the high 50s. I kid you not.
I'd rather live in a world where I'm wrong, rather than contemplating that happening. :hopelessness:

I can't see this PCS thing reoccurring. It's just too obvious. But I don't think Sasha will have much room for error in the future.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I try not to dwell on these things too much, since it is beyond our control and (sadly) an inherent part of the sport. I know it's frustrating, but Sasha is also only 15 and if he keeps building up his reputation, I don't think they can lowball him forever.

Next up, Nationals...

adelia

Record Breaker
Comments from Sasha:

"If we evaluate the performance in the Grand Prix Final on a five-point scale, for both programs set himself" three "and" four ", - said Alexander Petrov. - An arbitrary on the" Quartet "skated. More or less it was good. I did not Axel turned with toe loop, which was the first stage. But I thank God, to make a second guessed triple toe loop with the second Lutz. It turned out pretty good. Now we will try to turn out the program, to include a quadruple jump in a short time, this season has definitely need it do. Experience shows that even in juniors already a quarter to jump to do practically nothing. Yesterday was thought to include a quad in the long program, but in the morning workout, I did not even try it, so the program is not put in. Today I was tuned to a pure rolling on good ride to show what I can do. But at the moment I have no quadruple jump. Without him in the adult skater to do exactly nothing, there are already two or three to do. "

"In any competition I compete only with yourself, no matter what place while I took" - continued Alexander Petrov. - "For me it's important. And what the judge will say, that's their opinion. Here I can win. I showed that I did not broke down after the short program."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...p://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/18830.html
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/18830.html

He's a smart boy, he knows what the judges did to him but he won't dwell on it. :clap:

-----------------------------------------------

"Plushenko in 15 years, as far as I know, did not do a quad - said Petrov reporters in answer to the question is not whether it is late in the development of a jump in four turns. - "The triple axel, he hopped in 14 years, and I had started to perform in 13 . So while I was a little ahead of Plushenko. "

"In a short time in any quad should be inserted in the program" - said the skater. - "Experience shows that even in juniors without a jump in four turns to do practically nothing. And in adults should be done not even one, two quads."

Petrov said he did not recall an incident last year's final Grand Prix, when he forgot to perform two jumps. "Memories of last year, fortunately, did not return. Just a year ago, I combined the junior competition with adults, had to rearrange the elements, and that's confused. Now everything was fine. Could not execute the toe loop in a cascade with the first triple Axel - I guess its triple Lutz done. It turned out good," - concluded Petrov."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...re_skating/20141212/794530872.html&edit-text=
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141212/794530872.html

Certainly no shortage of confidence here. I felt last season he kind of lacked fighting spirit and fire. A different mindset this season. Very good.

Edit:
And yeah, it's true, he forget to perform TWO 2As at the GPF free skate last season. Shocking but true. Still, he did not finish last. He was 5th.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Comments from Sasha:

"If we evaluate the performance in the Grand Prix Final on a five-point scale, for both programs set himself" three "and" four ", - said Alexander Petrov. - An arbitrary on the" Quartet "skated. More or less it was good. I did not Axel turned with toe loop, which was the first stage. But I thank God, to make a second guessed triple toe loop with the second Lutz. It turned out pretty good. Now we will try to turn out the program, to include a quadruple jump in a short time, this season has definitely need it do. Experience shows that even in juniors already a quarter to jump to do practically nothing. Yesterday was thought to include a quad in the long program, but in the morning workout, I did not even try it, so the program is not put in. Today I was tuned to a pure rolling on good ride to show what I can do. But at the moment I have no quadruple jump. Without him in the adult skater to do exactly nothing, there are already two or three to do. "

"In any competition I compete only with yourself, no matter what place while I took" - continued Alexander Petrov. - "For me it's important. And what the judge will say, that's their opinion. Here I can win. I showed that I did not broke down after the short program."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...p://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/18830.html

He's a smart boy, he knows what the judges did to him but he won't dwell on it. :clap:

"Plushenko in 15 years, as far as I know, did not do a quad - said Petrov reporters in answer to the question is not whether it is late in the development of a jump in four turns. - "The triple axel, he hopped in 14 years, and I had started to perform in 13 . So while I was a little ahead of Plushenko. "

"In a short time in any quad should be inserted in the program" - said the skater. - "Experience shows that even in juniors without a jump in four turns to do practically nothing. And in adults should be done not even one, two quads."

Petrov said he did not recall an incident last year's final Grand Prix, when he forgot to perform two jumps. "Memories of last year, fortunately, did not return. Just a year ago, I combined the junior competition with adults, had to rearrange the elements, and that's confused. Now everything was fine. Could not execute the toe loop in a cascade with the first triple Axel - I guess its triple Lutz done. It turned out good," - concluded Petrov."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...re_skating/20141212/794530872.html&edit-text=

Certainly no shortage of confidence here. I felt last season he kind of lacked fighting spirit and fire. A different mindset this season. Very good.

Edit:
And yeah, it's true, he forget to perform TWO 2As at the GPF free skate last season. Shocking but true. Still, he did not finish last. He was 5th.

He's definitely stronger this season. He has a champion's mentality. :yes:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Comments from Sasha:

Edit:

smart boy! I like him!!!

Plushy did quads when he was 15. At his first ECH 1998 he landed in 4t-3t combo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AXhDgkKDfw

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
^ Sasha probably does not know Plushy was born in November.

I hope he doesn't care about what did Plushenko at his age. He is Petrov and needs to skate and needs to do everything as Petrov. That was a stupid question from the journalist.

adelia

Record Breaker
I hope he doesn't care about what did Plushenko at his age. He is Petrov and needs to skate and needs to do everything as Petrov. That was a stupid question from the journalist.
Yeah, Adian didn't get asked that question last year when he was 15.
Anyway, the Plushenko comparisons, Artur caved under the pressure of it. But I don't think it will happen to Sasha. For one thing, Mishin has been very cautious about praising Sasha to the media.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah, Adian didn't get asked that question last year when he was 15.
Anyway, the Plushenko comparisons, Artur caved under the pressure of it. But I don't think it will happen to Sasha. For one thing, Mishin has been very cautious about praising Sasha to the media.
Mah... I see Sasha's style very different to Plushy. if the media wants some comparison, Kulik and Yagudin might be the better choice.

adelia

Record Breaker
Mah... I see Sasha's style very different to Plushy. if the media wants some comparison, Kulik and Yagudin might be the better choice.
I honestly don't see the Kulik thing though, other than the rosy cheeks. I think Pitkeev is a little more Kulik. But yeah, this season's LP was definitely very Yags inspired. "Dubstep Yags" someone said during the Ljubljana JGP live stream chat.

(Kulik broke my heart when he retired so I rather not think about him tbh. LOL)

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I don't know if comparing him to no less than three Olympic champions is going to help with the pressure thing. ;)

adelia

Record Breaker
^It is the cross that he will have to bear.

Russian Nationals in 12 days time. The most important competition of the year. I look forward to it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That was a very stupid question. Plenty of people got quads later than 15. Patrick Chan got his when he was 19 and it turned into his best jump. In fact, back when Plushy was throwing around quads/3As at 15, it was considered quite bizarre that he learned the things so early (maybe too early).

s_parks

Record Breaker
So am I. Politics is going to play a heavy role in the outcome. Last year Sasha lost Junior Nationals by just 1.88 points. :(

At least Petrov is not in danger of losing his Junior Worlds spot or whatever. But yes, it's going to be crazy. Hope he can put out two great skates. :cheer2: