Pick the fruit of every tree
Or have my share of every sweet imagined possibility
Just tell me where, where is it written, tell me where"

Lyrics taking on a different, more heartbreaking meaning now. Gone too soon :(

such a beautiful performance. :cry:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
CTV News is reporting that retired Canadian ice dancer Alexandra Paul, has been tragically killed in a car accident.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/figure-sk...-new-mom-killed-in-melancthon-crash-1.6534881

Her baby son was in the car with her, and has been treated in hospital for "non-life-threatening injuries".

Such devastating news. My condolences to her husband and family, as well as all in the skating community who knew her.
I just heard this sad news. Hard to believe. I remember watching this beautiful ice dance team. My condolences to her husband and family.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I didn't realize until now that Mitch Islam is the son of Debbie Albright, someone I met casually a few times back when she was competing herself. Having been known for her artistry, she must have been so pleased to acquire another beautiful skater as a daughter-in-law. :cry:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am both sad and sorry for the loss of Alexandra who was not only a great skater - She and Mitch won Junior worlds in 2010 I believe but she was more than skating. She did well in school and became a lawyer and mother and wonderful wife. She was beautiful on the outside and inside. I am shocked. So young and her legal career and motherhood was just starting. I see the skating communtiy has been very supportive as the should be of the GO FUND ME CAMPAIGN to help Mitch and Charlie. WE never like to think about money but that is something you have to think of. I am not sure what Mitch does but Alexandra by career would have had a very significant impact on their livelihood. I hope somethign can be done to keep Alex alive in Mitch and Charlie's lives.

macy

Record Breaker
this is so devastating, i can't imagine what her family is going through right now. prayers for them and that her son will make a full recovery. i hope Mitch and the baby have all the support they need moving forward from this.

DonnaR

On the Ice

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States