Alexey Erokhov | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alexey Erokhov

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
For the first time since 2017 Alexey didn't compete at the Russian Cup final. Still, I wanted to write something today, because I hope with all my heart we will see him perform again at a Cup final in the future.
And since this hasn't been posted before, here is Alexey's FS to Rach2 at the 2018 edition of the competition. He won the gold medal in juniors. It's also an opportunity to see the elegant sparkly black shirt again. Sadly, it didn't bring him any luck at Nationals, but it is nevertheless a very stylish costume that deserves to make a comeback. 🐈‍⬛

Come back soon, Lyosha! :pray:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Alexey dancing around a battered samovar during a performance at the Moscow spring festival in early March:

Sometimes I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of it all, but it's better not to dwell on it in a fan fest. I'll just be glad that Alexey is on the ice, skating and smiling. The traditional garments look lovely on him. And a story about a teahouse is not the worst topic.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm in the mood to post something for Lyosha's fanfest, so I'll do the traditional end-of-season-post a little early this year. If he unexpectedly decides to compete in one of the local spring competitions, I'll gladly do another one.

The season brought the return of old 🐈‍⬛ as well as new favourites 🔥. It turns out Alexey skating in red is just as beautiful as Alexey skating in blue or black.

He may not be the champion of champions - mind you, he has been exceptionally unlucky in his senior career so far - but for some years now he has been the skater whose performances I look forward to the most. And this doesn't change, whether he performs internationally or domestically, in competition or in ice shows.

When he's in the right mindset his skating is sublime. The speed, the flow, the amazing quads that he makes look as easy as triples! The 4Lo he had in 2021/22 and the 4T and 4S he still jumps so magnificently are always a pleasure to (re)watch. For me his performances have an understated elegance to them, some light, airy feeling void of any pretentiousness. And even though sometimes his nerves seem to get the better of him, he's still an outstanding athlete who visibly loves his sport.
I could go on and on raving about Alexey's qualities as a figure skater - it's probably all the unused cheering energy built up since nationals. 😅 But it also feels right to end the season with a little bit of cheering and positivity.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
A very minor update about Alexey from his coach Vika Butsaeva:

"Lyosha hasn't started a full training regime yet, he's still performing in a show. Now it's a time when you can relax a bit. Lyosha is thinking about his future career, but I can't say anything definite about it yet," Butsaeva said.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Alexey talked to a journalist.

"Recovery is going slowly, the leg is more or less healed, so far I'm only doing triple jumps, I haven't even tried anything difficult," said Erokhov.

- Have you thought about finishing or pausing your career? "I'm just thinking about it now, I'm thinking about what to do next."

cray2.gif

Of course Alexey will make the right decision for himself, but I can't help feeling sad about this.

Last edited: