Alissa is ready! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alissa is ready!

inside edge

On the Ice
The pressure is off. I hope Brian B can look her in the eye and tell her to go out there and just skate her heart out. The crowd will be behind her for sure, so I for one am hoping for a redeeming free skate, whatever the placement, whatever the scores.

:yes: :yes:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The pressure is off. I hope Brian B can look her in the eye and tell her to go out there and just skate her heart out. The crowd will be behind her for sure, so I for one am hoping for a redeeming free skate, whatever the placement, whatever the scores.

It shouldn't be much of a problem for her, based on how she bounced back at LA Worlds after that disastrous SP (and now another one here). The pressure was on her, she felt it, and crumbled. Sad, but it was just not meant to be for her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hope she will go out there tomorrow and have the skate of her life and leave with no regrets. Maybe she will get the world team.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I hope she will go out there tomorrow and have the skate of her life and leave with no regrets. Maybe she will get the world team.

That's exactly the I message I would send to Alissa. Forget about making the Olympic team and everything else; just show us your beautiful program and wow us and let the chips fall where they may. Skate your hearts out Alissa and show us the beautiful skater that we know you are!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Best of luck to her in the long, but...

Czisny on the world team again?? Please, skate gods, no :bow: not when there are spots on the line!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Best of luck to her in the long, but...

Czisny on the world team again?? Please, skate gods, no :bow: not when there are spots on the line!

She has a lot of points to make up, we shouldn't worry about that yet. Man though, every high pressure competition she seems to mess up the short pretty badly. Usually when she does though it means she has a pretty good FS, so hopefully we'll see that tomorrow.

Nadine

Record Breaker
She is a lovely skater, I'm actually looking forward to her & Sasha's programs the most (especially Sasha, as this will be the first time I will see her competitive "Moonlight Sonata" program). They are both beautiful gorgeous skaters with great spins & spirals. I just want to seem them skate their hearts out...

What's odd about wishing all the ladies good luck? I'm with you, PolymerBob. Things are so much more satisfying when each competitor skates her best. Remember that amazing Worlds match-up between Chen Lu and Michelle Kwan? Or the 1998 OGM long program with Kwan and Lipinski? I'd rather watch skaters leave the rink with a smile (on both me and the skater) than watch such tearful exits as we witnessed today from poor Zhang. Let all of them have the satisfaction of knowing that they gave it their all. Go for it, ladies!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd rather watch skaters leave the rink with a smile (on both me and the skater) than watch such tearful exits as we witnessed today from poor Zhang. Let all of them have the satisfaction of knowing that they gave it their all. Go for it, ladies!
My heart went out totally to Caroline today. When she was younger, I thought she had quite an attitude but now I really, really feel sorry for her. Is she getting help with her jumps???