Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well she never officially announced retirement, did she? 🤔
I thought she did.

A 3A?

But how can she not look at what at Nastya G has done competing for Georgia who covers all costs and not want to do the same? She is only 17 and can still have a really good career but probably not for Russia.

The question now is can Nastya T transfer smoothly to another country?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The question now is can Nastya T transfer smoothly to another country?
I doubt she considers that but if she would, she competed at the previous russian nationals so she wouls have to wait for another year (two years period since domestic nationals/international competition).

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well she's still young but in her case money is a problem, unfortunately..
But if she can find a country that will cover her expenses for expenses then go for it.
There are many countries that would take NT. But if she has to wait a whole another year or so to transfer then it probably won't happen

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
But if she can find a country that will cover her expenses for expenses then go for it.
There are many countries that would take NT. But if she has to wait a whole another year or so to transfer then it probably won't happen
Well, if these are the kinds of injuries that heal over time (like soft tissue or stress fractures), then as long as the motivation is still there, she should be able to return, but if these are the types of injuries that won't heal, like Zhenya Medvedeva's permanent lung damage from covid and fused spine, then a year off won't matter.

I know her GoFund Me was an overall disappointment as far as reaching her funding goals, but like you said, if a smaller fed will pay for her training and apartment, I think she can at least generate enough on GoFund Me to cover food, phone, etc. and she should be able to compete for a long time in a nation with fewer top skaters, and there wouldn't be as much pressure on her to break herself trying to master Ultra C elements. She would surely boost the popularity of the sport in that nation as well, and that might open up ice show opportunities for her there, plus advertising endorsements, etc.

I just miss her skating. 😅

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, if these are the kinds of injuries that heal over time (like soft tissue or stress fractures), then as long as the motivation is still there, she should be able to return, but if these are the types of injuries that won't heal, like Zhenya Medvedeva's permanent lung damage from covid and fused spine, then a year off won't matter.

I know her GoFund Me was an overall disappointment as far as reaching her funding goals, but like you said, if a smaller fed will pay for her training and apartment, I think she can at least generate enough on GoFund Me to cover food, phone, etc. and she should be able to compete for a long time in a nation with fewer top skaters, and there wouldn't be as much pressure on her to break herself trying to master Ultra C elements. She would surely boost the popularity of the sport in that nation as well, and that might open up ice show opportunities for her there, plus advertising endorsements, etc.

I just miss her skating. 😅
The Republic of Georgia reportedy covers all expenses for Nastya G. Why wouldn't the Belarus or Lithuania or Finland or Kazakhstan take someone like Nastya T who is only 17?
Kazakhstan lost lillabet a world class skater when she retired. She has not been replaced from what I know.

Many of these skaters still live in train and Russia but represent another country internationally. Not bad.

But I don't know about any injury problems with NT. She was supposed to be doing a 3A recently. Why do that if she wasn't planning a comeback?

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Republic of Georgia reportedy covers all expenses for Nastya G. Why wouldn't the Belarus or Lithuania or Finland or Kazakhstan take someone like Nastya T who is only 17?
Kazakhstan lost lillabet a world class skater when she retired. She has not been replaced from what I know.

Many of these skaters still live in train and Russia but represent another country internationally. Not bad.

But I don't know about any injury problems with NT. She was supposed to be doing a 3A recently. Why do that if she wasn't planning a comeback?
I'm basing that on the interview she did back in October or so with the (maybe 40-year-old?) journalist with long dark hair that I watched on YouTube and deciphered as best I could with auto-translated closed captions. According to that garbled mess, she competed at Russian Nationals while injured and then pulled out of Russian Cup Final because of those injuries and then stopped competing because of the injuries. It's entirely possible that I misunderstood the auto-translate captions, but that's what I took away from it.

EDIT: Found it, She starts talking about the injuries around the 29 minute mark.

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
:love2: I hope it's still legal.. ;)

AY3OFT9kMJg.jpg