any news on plushenko | Golden Skate

any news on plushenko

NURSEGAL

Rinkside
has anyone heard how he is doing??? double pneumonia i hear, too bad, i hate to hear anyone is sick.

Hi NurseGal, welcome to the forum.:)

There is a thread about this on the second page of the Edge, ("Plusheko rushed to the hospital") if you want to check it out. No further news lately, though.

Mathman

Kasey

Medalist
It turned out there was no pneumonia, from what I read. Just nasty Otitis...he's already back out of the hospital, was there for a couple days I guess. And isn't going to have the knee surgery, because now it doesn't hurt. Hmmm, and I'm thinking, DUH, of course not, you haven't been skating.

Kasey

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Yeah he needs to be careful about that. The same thing happend to Naomi Lang. She didn't get surgery on her cyst because it stopped hurting, then they had to pull out of Nats becuase of it :(

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not really. Naomi said it was her ankle--but it was really her pregnancy.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
In the article about Lautowa & Kostomarov's wedding, it said that Plushenko attended. My gues is it means he is not too ill.

Kateri

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
In the article about Lautowa & Kostomarov's wedding, it said that Plushenko attended. My gues is it means he is not too ill.

I hope he didn't hack and cough all through the ceremony!! (how rude!) :laugh:

seriously though, I'm glad to hear he's out and about.

k. (he's not contagious, right??)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Not really. Naomi said it was her ankle--but it was really her pregnancy.

No that wasn't why they pulled out of Nationals. They pulled out of Nationals because of her ankle. She didn't even know she was pregnant at the time. The ankle caused the withdrawl, the pregnancy caused the breakup.

libra 1

Rinkside
Ptichka said:

Of course he isn't ill. They had celebrated the wedding for two days ( Zhenia was happy as a lark) and then left for the month vacations on the warm Black sea. He will be back for training first decade of July.

Libra

There is some vague notification that he has a torn medial meniscus and also that he had double lpneumonia.

Can anyone really say definitively (no presuming, please) what exactly is ailing him and what is the prognosis.

( I am not bashing Evgeni, but I am bashing the posters who make these unsubstantiated stories.)

Joe

soogar

Record Breaker
libra1:
Is there any news on whether Yevgeny is going to get engaged to his girlfriend?

libra 1

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
There is some vague notification that he has a torn medial meniscus and also that he had double lpneumonia.

Can anyone really say definitively (no presuming, please) what exactly is ailing him and what is the prognosis.

( I am not bashing Evgeni, but I am bashing the posters who make these unsubstantiated stories.)

Joe

Dear Joe,

Zhenia Plushenko's mother says they found a doctor who is using some non-traditional methods for healing the meniscus. She hopes it works.

Re: pneumonia and otitis - it's completely over and gone.

Libra - from Russia, with love