Anybody else dateless/boyfriendless in 2005? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anybody else dateless/boyfriendless in 2005?

R.D.

Record Breaker
As a guy, I'm not too sure I would trust a book like that. But that's JMO ;)

It's almost always up to the guy to make the move.

But at the same time, I really think the guy who sent flowers really set himself up for failure here. JMO

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I can't remember but there used to be a psychologist on tv (a woman) that wrote a book and the title was something like Men are Just Dessert. It's a whole different attitude of women some years ago, and probably now to a lesser extent. Of course, now, I guess I might like a date but don't know anyone I would really care to date. I would certainly be very picky, even though it I won't be around for that many more years. What I really need is a handyman. :rofl:
It's such a different world now. So, what I really need is a me caretaker. :rofl:

Antilles

Medalist
I don't trust pseudo-psychology books. We're not all the same. I'm sure some guys love to pursue, and I'm sure others are shy and would feel awkward trying to woo a woman.

Chris Rock had a whole bit on single/married that I liked. The tagline he kept repeating was "Single and lonely, or married and bored". There are certainly good and bad points about both options. I don't think I am personally cut out for marriage. I'd like to have someone around, but I don't think I could stand to share my living space on a permanent basis with anything that isn't furry.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The tagline he kept repeating was "Single and lonely, or married and bored".

:rofl: You just can't win, can you?

ETA

I'm sure some guys love to pursue, and I'm sure others are shy and would feel awkward trying to woo a woman.

The number of guys who feel the "latter" way are higher than you might think.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doggygirl said:
A great marriage IS the ULTIMATE!! It's better than cheesecake, a new puppy, the fuzziest comfiest sweater ever, the best deep dish pizza in the world, etc. etc.

DG
DG what a great tribute to marriage!! You must have a great one especially when compared to the best deep dish pizza.

Johar, don't settle for anything or anyone. I think the guy could have been intimidated by you and that's OK. I could go on and on but I won't. There is a line from the move As Good As It Gets where Jack Nickelson (sp??) says to Helen Hunt...........You make me want to be a better person. That has been what I have been looking for all my life. I have met guys who wanted me to be their mother or wanted me to take care of them. I could never do that and be happy with myself and I have to be happy with me.

Please don't get down on yourself, just be you and keep on growing. Don't look to have someone make you happy........become your own best friend.

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I don't think I am personally cut out for marriage. I'd like to have someone around, but I don't think I could stand to share my living space on a permanent basis with anything that isn't furry.

AMEN to that! :clap: :clap: My philosophy is "A man in my life but not in my house".

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Heck, I am loving the single life baby. Plus I am not mature enough for a boyfriend, my mom tells me I have the maturity of a 7 year old but I am improving. I don't care if the right man doesn't come into the picture until I am 30. I ain't complaining about being single right now. Plus I have too much issues in my life for a relationship.

Kasey

Medalist
dateless, boyfriendless, and perfectly happy with it. It is right now a time for me, and I have things I'm needing to do that I'm better off alone doing.