Fitters in Adelaide? | Golden Skate

Fitters in Adelaide?

kingyy

Spectator
Hi everyone,

So I live in Adelaide, Australia and I swear there are literally NO fitters here. It’s quite unfortunate really.

If no one is able to let me know if there are, is going through an online fitter like skaters edge ok?

For some context, I am around 5” 9’ and weigh 53kg. I am quite new to the sport, but I am on ice for around 10-20h per week.

Whilst I was looking at getting something like overtures with MK pro blades, I just want to go to a fitter to make sure it’s right for me.

Thanks in advance,

Xx

Elija

On the Ice
I believe you are correct - no good sharpeners either from what I’ve heard, my old coach travels from Melbourne every couple of weeks and does like 20 pairs of skates in a weekend.

If online is your only option, I guess it’s your only choice. Unless you are able to travel to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane? I have found the skate paradise in Brisbane the most helpful and they actually show their stock levels online, and have bought from them remotely, but I was reordering boots I had already worn, so it was a bit different. They possibly do online fittings, I’m not sure, possibly worth checking? A lot will depend on your foot shape and level of skating - I have to say, 10-20 hours is A LOT for someone new to the sport. Is this practice on your own or with a coach?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone,

So I live in Adelaide, Australia and I swear there are literally NO fitters here. It’s quite unfortunate really.

If no one is able to let me know if there are, is going through an online fitter like skaters edge ok?

For some context, I am around 5” 9’ and weigh 53kg. I am quite new to the sport, but I am on ice for around 10-20h per week.

Whilst I was looking at getting something like overtures with MK pro blades, I just want to go to a fitter to make sure it’s right for me.

Thanks in advance,

Xx
Hi. What is your foot shape(look this up) and are your arches very high/high/regular/low/flat? This will help suggest a boot