Anyone here for the summer? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone here for the summer?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION đŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Except if they say Chicago but put it in Hoffman Estates again, it's a tough sell. Only one hotel close by (less than a mile away). Without a car, people had no way to get to and from their hotels (of which there are many, say within a 5 mile radius) except by cab or ride share. Perfect for me. Not even 20 minutes from my house! I would go home between events and eat lunch or dinner!...It will be interesting to see what happens. I prefer Vegas. Super expensive flight for me, but the hotel is reasonable. Love the convenience of the rink being RIGHT there. Wish they would hurry up and let us know.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Except if they say Chicago but put it in Hoffman Estates again, it's a tough sell. Only one hotel close by (less than a mile away). Without a car, people had no way to get to and from their hotels (of which there are many, say within a 5 mile radius) except by cab or ride share. Perfect for me. Not even 20 minutes from my house! I would go home between events and eat lunch or dinner!...It will be interesting to see what happens. I prefer Vegas. Super expensive flight for me, but the hotel is reasonable. Love the convenience of the rink being RIGHT there. Wish they would hurry up and let us know.
Honestly it doesn’t matter all that much to me. Nationals is my focus and I really can’t afford both. I don’t fly (exception for Gracie) and driving or Amtrak would be 4 days. And Nationals is within driving distance for me!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its cheep. Expect to pay about $350 for premium seats....for the life of me, I dont know why anyone would not want Vegas. Your hotel is right there and you are riding elevators with the skaters. Your eateries are right there...from fast food to fancy food. The rooms are nice. You have a huge pool area with a bar..... there are drug stores and other fast food places about. Did I mention the pool area with the bar?????
Sheeeshhhh
Going back to packing and studying Chinese minorities.

Getting there is a major problem for me.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate America might be in the South based on this tweet

Could New Orleans be a possibility? That's the one place in the South I'd like to visit. A friend of mine went on a road trip there once and she really enjoyed its history and culture. I hear the food is really amazing there too. It would have to be at least as cool as the Orleans Hotel, right? 😆

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've emailed them 3 times. They're probably sick of hearing from me!!! LOL! Why am I not HEARING anything? I have my volume up.

Oops. Never mind. Now I see all the y'all posts.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Could New Orleans be a possibility? That's the one place in the South I'd like to visit. A friend of mine went on a road trip there once and she really enjoyed its history and culture. I hear the food is really amazing there too. It would have to be at least as cool as the Orleans Hotel, right? 😆
New Orleans is indeed amazing. Just don’t leave the tourist areas unless you are in the company of a guide. Don’t go in cemeteries alone. Etc.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I agree! New Orleans and a good skater lineup might be enticing.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anybody know if there are any skating clubs in New Orleans? They rely on skating clubs and volunteers to help run things. Maybe in nearby Metairie?

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I wouldn’t mind New Orleans. My hubs is from Louisiana and I can just drive there. (I always stay at the Orleans when I go!). But I saw on Reddit that it will likely be in Nashville. I loved the 97 Nationals there and have great memories of it. Like the women’s LP when Kwan had her meltdown and after the third botched jumping pass I and probably everyone in the building came to the realization like me who turned to my friend and said “Holy x, Tara is going to win this!” I immediately felt what the judges were probably thinking, because Tara was a maniac all week in practice with flawless runthroughs, like “What do I do if she goes clean?!?!” I was surprised at her SP marks and placement which seemed quite generous, so I was ready for her to come out and do exactly what she did and get the marks to win. I'm good with Nashville and have several friends there. I wish maybe they could consider Houston or even Dallas/San Antonio one of these years. I understand why some would not consider TX or FL, frankly FL to me is off any list for anything with the political climate there. So maybe it's for selfish reasons that I wish a SA or Nats would come to TX again.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn’t mind New Orleans. My hubs is from Louisiana and I can just drive there. (I always stay at the Orleans when I go!). But I saw on Reddit that it will likely be in Nashville. I loved the 97 Nationals there and have great memories of it. Like the women’s LP when Kwan had her meltdown and after the third botched jumping pass I and probably everyone in the building came to the realization like me who turned to my friend and said “Holy x, Tara is going to win this!” I immediately felt what the judges were probably thinking, because Tara was a maniac all week in practice with flawless runthroughs, like “What do I do if she goes clean?!?!” I was surprised at her SP marks and placement which seemed quite generous, so I was ready for her to come out and do exactly what she did and get the marks to win. I'm good with Nashville and have several friends there. I wish maybe they could consider Houston or even Dallas/San Antonio one of these years. I understand why some would not consider TX or FL, frankly FL to me is off any list for anything with the political climate there. So maybe it's for selfish reasons that I wish a SA or Nats would come to TX again.
I don’t know. The last Nationals held in Nashville were extraordinarily expensive. More than any I’ve gone to. Including in CA. Also, I saw on Reddit it will definitely be in Dallas? But I saw no proof.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I wondered why they weren't posting a CLUE every day like they said they would. When I asked them what the next clue was, here's what they posted. Ok, I have a feeling the venue is not Dollywood -- Nashville perhaps? Adding: I see Liam has already guessed this above!)