Anyone on here ever had a breast lift? | Golden Skate

Anyone on here ever had a breast lift?

Johar

Medalist
I am seriously thinking about having one when my life settles down. I am 36, no kids, but when I took a Depo Provera shot it made my boobs grow rapidly. As a consequence, they grew long, sagged and lost their elasticity. Even high quality pushup bras don't give me the lift I need. I still show little cleavage when I wear a low cut shirt, because the twins are so far down on my body.:scowl:

What was the costs and recovery like?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well, I've never considered such surgery, but will just say "I feel your pain." As I approached 40 and beyond, I went from a 3X C to a 3X D to a 3X Long. ;)

Best wishes with your decision though, on a more serious note than my own boob problems.

DG

Last edited:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Johar said:
I am seriously thinking about having one when my life settles down. I am 36, no kids, but when I took a Depo Provera shot it made my boobs grow rapidly. As a consequence, they grew long, sagged and lost their elasticity. Even high quality pushup bras don't give me the lift I need. I still show little cleavage when I wear a low cut shirt, because the twins are so far down on my body.:scowl:

What was the costs and recovery like?

Are you off Depo yet? If not, once you start getting your estrogen levels back up, you should see some improvement. Good luck on what you decide.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Johar-
Have you tried weight training to strengthen the muscles in your chest?

My close friend had saggy boobs after her son was born and her friend, who is a plastic surgeon, suggested she start weight training to firm up her breast.

Just a thought before thinking of surgery.

Antilles

Medalist
I thought weight training wouldn't help breasts, since they are mostly fat. I don't know anything about the recovery time, etc but I do remember Oprah talking about it on one of her shows a few years back, with (I think) plastic surgeons as guests. IIRC, breast lifts don't last more than a few years, so you might need more than one.

My mother also jokes that she is a 36 long. I have a feeling in about 15 years I might be interested in at least inquiring about this kind of surgery. Gravity most certainly does suck.

Surgically, no. By hand, you betcha! :)

Rgirl

P.S. Not making light of your situation, Johar. Depoprovera, from what I've seen, can do awful things, although I understand why some people need it and in terms of fertility, it can do some great things. Good luck.

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
For three months in the summer of 2003, I rowed a real boat for almost everyday for about 45+ minutes. They barely lifted.

I see all these cute camisole tops, etc, that look awful on me due to having long breasts. Even when I put on a pushup bra, they are pushed up but still low on my body.

I wish I had never taken that shot. I gained 50+ pounds withing about three months. I went from a size 8/10 to a size 20/ 22. It permamently changed my metabolism so I almost have none. I don't drive, so I walk everywhere, but am still at a size 16. Even when I follow a good diet, my lower abdomen always looks puffy, swollen and paunchy, which is why I seldom wear jeans.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Johar said:
For three months in the summer of 2003, I rowed a real boat for almost everyday for about 45+ minutes. They barely lifted.

I see all these cute camisole tops, etc, that look awful on me due to having long breasts. Even when I put on a pushup bra, they are pushed up but still low on my body.

I wish I had never taken that shot. I gained 50+ pounds withing about three months. I went from a size 8/10 to a size 20/ 22. It permamently changed my metabolism so I almost have none. I don't drive, so I walk everywhere, but am still at a size 16. Even when I follow a good diet, my lower abdomen always looks puffy, swollen and paunchy, which is why I seldom wear jeans.

Hi Johar. I really feel bad for your situation, and I'm sorry that I joked about my own boobs sagging with age (and other laziness issues on my part i.e. no exercise). It's not at all the same situation. Best wishes to you in your decision. This must be so frustrating for you.

((Johar))

DG

Johar

Medalist
Don't worry, I wasn't offended by your joking at all:)

I hope I can get a lift within the next few years. Breast implants seem to cause too many problems in too many women, so they are last on my list of solutions.

When I am braless, they sag so badly that sweat collects underneat and leads to rashes. Ugh.

Jhar55

Medalist
oh gosh can't believe I am talking about this but I was on steriods last year for injury from a car accident and they made mine grow 1 size, was fine with me. :rofl:
If it makes you feel better then have it done, don't worry about what others think.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I don't want this to happen to me and my boobs are big for a 17 year old. I am going to start working out and I have always eaten well. I have really good will power when it comes to cutting down on what I eat. This Christmas Eve I ate less than half of what I did last year and I was still satisfied. Don't worry I have no eating disorder but I am listening to my body and knowing the limits of how much I eat at at time. We humans can learn alot from hobbits as they eat small portions throughout the day. Well what does that have to do with bood size? As Johar said about her major weight gain and that messing up her metabolism. I don't want that to happen to me because mine is really good. If I were anything like my grandmother, sister, or mother I would be pushing 300 lbs. Not that they are close to being that obese but it is a fear for me. I wear a size 10/12 though I have some extra jelly here and there. Not to mention I have a saggy old lady butt and I have a few rolls. No worries I am going to work on that.

I am making a move down South where there is sunny and warm weather and I will be living in a city. I will be walking, swimming, and excercising in general. Anyway my boobs are a little low for my liking but if I wear the right bra they like fine. They are also giving me back pain because they are so heavy and might lead to alot of problems later in life. I am worried and I am only 17.

Last edited:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Caution: thread hijack ahead. Uninterested parties can skip over and boys beware.

Rgirl said:
P.S. Not making light of your situation, Johar. Depoprovera, from what I've seen, can do awful things, although I understand why some people need it and in terms of fertility, it can do some great things. Good luck.

I was on it for 6.5 years. It was good and bad for me. Good in that before my um, time of the month was horrendous. Horrible horrible pain. I went on it b/c I knew I couldn't take the pill correctly and I heard it helped with my symptoms. I thought I had endo. I loved it (the Depo). However, in June when I went for my shot, I had to sign a release stating that I'd been told about the bone loss side effects if someone stayed on it over 2 years. The NP tried to talk me out of my April shot, but nothing else seemed to fit what I needed.

So in August I went to a real GYN and told him all my horrible cycle history. I knew I had to get off the Depo. I had a tubal, hysteroscopy and D&C on August 19. A less than a month later I was fully back to normal, feeling wise. Since then, it's been a roller coaster cycle-wise. Currently I'm on Ovcon 35 (which contains estrogen and progestin) to help out with my um, new symptoms.

I have an appt on Jan. 24 to talk to the doc about an ablation. I want the full roasted treatment. IOW, the electrified cheese grater. Hopefully it will take care of the lingering problems.

More good news? I've recently had to up a size in certian clothing. The bad? I'm also about to go up a size in other clothing as well. But I can't complain. More bad - I now have osteopenia and when I'm don't have a sinus infection I walk 30 minutes a day and take 1200 mg of calcium and chug the milk products.

Oh, yeah, no endo and no infection. The doc has no idea why I had such a rough time pre-endo. That seems to run in my family. Ugh!

Last edited:

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
So many drugs we have to take now days seem to have such bad side effects,sometimes doesn't make the cure worth it. I had to take some oral steriods i think for my hip or lungs or something*can't remember had to take so much crap* and i had been working out quite alot,and it turned my muscle tone to jelly.:sheesh:
About boobs sagging...to be perfectly honest...don't have that problem as of yet. On the other hand,one of my aunts always told us girls...that if you always wear a bra with an underwire*not all underwires hurt*....you'll sag less....thus far it's worked for me.

Johar

Medalist
The daughter of a friend's co-worker took Depo and gained over 100 pounds! She was very thin before, and from what I heard, looked horrible afterwards. She was never able to lose all the weight and the doctor said it ruined her metabolism.

I remember doing all sorts of exercising. I over exercised and did permament damage to the muscle compartments holding my leg muscles. I am left physically unable to jog or run, because my legs go numb within about a minute. One of the questions the doc asked was if I had sudden weight gain over a short period of time.

All because of that stupid DEPO!!!!

Long, saggy boobs
stretch marks
permamently slowed metabolism
inability to get below a size 14
loss of ability to run or jog

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Did they warn you any that this could happen?? And is most of the weight water or something else?
Doing muscle toning excercises...some uncomplicated yoga etc..might be a good way to build some muscle tone to support the extra weight.And since it's gentle, you may be able to avoid injurying yourself again,or causing more pain.