Battle of the Blades Winner is.... | Golden Skate

Battle of the Blades Winner is....

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I just don’t have the patience for this show. Probably because I hadn’t been around in the 6.0 era, it just feels grossly unfair because of it. First episodes are okay, when everyone skates, theme they start kicking people out, and meh...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just don’t have the patience for this show. Probably because I hadn’t been around in the 6.0 era, it just feels grossly unfair because of it. First episodes are okay, when everyone skates, theme they start kicking people out, and meh...
That's too bad. The real purpose of the show is the teams are skating for their favourite charity. The show is purely entertainment driven. The hockey skaters are not figure skaters, so it's a learning curve for them each week. The show is tastefully done, and it's fun to see how each team improves every week.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I love Meagan!! I love her feisty personality. I knew from the beginning that she would do whatever it takes with her partner to win this crown. Congrats!
Yes, Meagan is a real fighter for sure and fearless. I liked all the teams this season. I was torn between cheering for Meagan and her partner and Asher Hill and his partner.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was so cool to be able to see Asher skate again, even if as an American I need to rely on YouTube videos. I've missed him:cry:

But I also love Meghan and her warrior spirit, as others have said; congratulations!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I couldn't watch this live, but thankfully the videos were up afterwards for people elsewhere than in Canada. I really enjoyed it. To be honest, I don't know the Hockey people at all, but it's still great to watch them improving during the course of this competition. The concept of pairing Hockeyers with Figure Skaters is a fantastic idea, and it's lovely that it was brought back last year and now again. Seeing twist lifts and throw jumps from these combo's is quite something. Loved to see Asher Hill as well, and the chemistry with his partner was wonderful. Actually, I liked all the teams this year. Congratulations Meagan - it was great to see you.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That's too bad. The real purpose of the show is the teams are skating for their favourite charity. The show is purely entertainment driven. The hockey skaters are not figure skaters, so it's a learning curve for them each week. The show is tastefully done, and it's fun to see how each team improves every week.
If they all did, it would be okay, but the elimination component based on that silly scoring puts me off a big way. I prefer the competitions where it’s not over till it’s over. I don’t like getting invested in someone who gets cut right away.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Vanessa and Akim held me captive through the entire event... I was able to watch on Instagram. They make a lovely, strong pair team!! :love: :love::clap::clap: