BeBe's Back | Golden Skate

BeBe's Back

I've read she won the Pacific Coast Sectional competition. :love: Not surprised but I thought her injury was preventing her from skating. If the injury is healed we have to add her to list of potential bronze medalist at USNats: How can you pick one? I think it is impossible and probably the most interesting outcome of the US Nats.

(Remember Johnny came out of a Sectional to win the USNats last January.)

Bebe Liang
Jenny Kirk
Yebin Mok
Angela Nikidinov
Amber Corwin
Kimmie Meissner
Katie Taylor

I think some of the above would be top 10 at Worlds but they won't get there. :eek:hwell:

Joe

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Good for Bebe!!

I can't wait to see her again!! You're so right Joe - we've got lots of great contenders for the podium this year. Nationals should be very exciting!

DG

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I've read she won the Pacific Coast Sectional competition. :love: Not surprised but I thought her injury was preventing her from skating. If the injury is healed we have to add her to list of potential bronze medalist at USNats:

But still no loop attempt (not even a double) in Liang's programs, so it seems she is still recovering from injury (Bebe landed 3 triples in her Regionals FS -- a flip and 2 toes, 1 in combo with a 2toe). The number of clean triples landed in the senior ladies' free skates at Coasts was no more than 2 max. (which is not uncommon for Sectional competition) -- so, still a ways to go to be competitive at this year's Nationals.

And for those who may not know/be aware, here's the link to the thread with results and news from the Pacific Coast Sectional this past weekend:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7262

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Forgive my forgetfulness, but wasn't the loop the jump thst hurt most for BeBe at junior worlds? If it still hurts or hasn't healed enough for lots of loop jumps, doesn't it make sense that she wouldn't do one unless she needed to? So, anyone who was there (or heard more than I have), did she need it in that competition?