Beccari and Guarise reflect on surprise European gold | Golden Skate

Interview Beccari and Guarise reflect on surprise European gold

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

In this interview, Beccari and Guarise take a moment to reflect on their remarkable week in Kaunas, expressing profound gratitude. The team delves into the story of how they first crossed paths and joined forces. They also explore the dynamics that make their partnership thrive, even with a notable 15-year age gap.

As they set their sights on the major goal of the 2026 Olympic Games in Milan, the skaters disclose their performance objectives.

What are your thoughts on this team? I like that they are setting personal goals rather than on placements.
They share their aspiration to surpass the 70-point threshold in the short program and aim to break the 200-point barrier overall. They are also determined to practice quadruple throws in the future and Matteo explains how he wants to cautiously train this element.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing this! :love2: Talent, dedication, trust and hard work lead them where they are now, despite all the criticisms and difficulties they faced when they decided to team up. People told them it was not going to work with such an age gap but in the end it was just the best choice for both of them. Lucrezia could benefit from Matteo's immense experience as a pair partner, he could be a partner and a coach at the same time helping her becoming a great pair skater in a very short amount of time. In other interviews he said that when they started doing pair elements and something went wrong, first he'd always ask her what was the mistake so she could develop her knowledge of the new discipline faster. For Matteo, as he's saying in this interview, she is a breath of fresh air. Her energy and enthusiasm, motivates him greatly and helps him going through the hard training they face everyday. They are simply great ❤️

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so impressed by this couple, I don't think I had ever heard an interview with them before, very charming.

Matteo saying that when he gets congratulations, he would rather get congratulations for moving the spectators' emotions than for a medal around his neck:love2:

I love their approach to skating and I am appreciating their programs more and more.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
What I like is that they openly discuss the age difference and how they cope with it, and sometimes make fun of it. Nice interview!

They indeed make fun of it sometimes, like in an interview they took after they got back home.
He says sometimes he makes jokes she does not understand and viceversa. Also the approach to social media is completely different, he being totally "anti-social" as she defines him :laugh:
They have pointed out in different occasions that last year was a bit messy because they still had to know each other. After having more chances to spend time together off the ice like traveling to competitions etc. they got to know each other much better and got closer. That's helped them a lot growing as a pair on the ice.

Sabsi

On the Ice
What a charming interview. I really have a crush on this amazing couple. I am impressed by their ambitions and both of them seem very focused when it comes to their further development, I think we can look forward to many new highlights with Lucrezia & Matteo.