Best guesses for the top 12 women we will see at worlds? | Golden Skate

Best guesses for the top 12 women we will see at worlds?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Russia and Japan are so up in the air.

I think From Russia we will see Alina and LIza with Medvedeva or Sofia. But there are other challengers however these are the the ones with top medals and skating well. Also Sofia is the hot young Russian this season. I am disappointed for Masha who was liked last year by Rusfed and my other tall Russian fave Polina T who has been through a lot. I am afraid Medvedeva will be punished by judges for leaving Russian coach. But I am rooting for her. I hope she does great at Qnationals and gets to Europeans. I think they are working very hard in Canada for her.

Japan is so crazy. I wish 5 ladies were going. Rika Kihira should do great on home Ice. Also Satoko and she is loved there. Do they have a third? I’m guessing Kaori who I want to see develop from the waist up. Better arms and control. But she is amazing with those swish jumps. I sure love Wakaba last year. Don’t know how she is. I also think Marin Honda is so beautiful to watch. I wish all 4 and more could go. Just so deep there.

From Us- we have two spots? Bradie Tennell is consistent and the best we have. I think Mariah Bell. She is under rated and I hope this is the year she can keep it together because she has it all when she is confident. I’m don’t know how many spots Canada has and I don’t know what has happened to Gabby. It is a shame Katelyn isn’t competing but if she were she would be in the mix for medals or top 6. Korea I guess will Send Eunsoo and do they have a second spot? Dabin? I love Eunsoo. Her Sp is to die for. So I hope another Korean Lady steps up to take center stage.

France - do they have two spots? Laurine and Mae? From Kazakhstan Lilibet? Who else can do well Loena? Other small countries?it will be nice to see worlds this year because the GPF was split between Russians and Japan. Great event it was but it is nice to see the smaller countries able to send their best lady. I missed that diversity this year on the podiums.

pohatta

On the Ice
Since all ladies at the GP final went over 200 points, I think for a Top 12 place you have to be able to get at least 190. In addition to those you mentioned, Viveca Lindfors best SP and best LP are 193 combined, but I still can't see her doing two clean skates.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
France only has 1 spot for the ladies. Number of entries per country can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Figure_Skating_Championships

I like Laurine, but she has not been in top form for the past 2 years. Mae should have it. She won't be top 12 I don't think or on the cusp.

Canada has 3 spots for the ladies. I seriously don't even know who they have that can meet minimum TES for it. Last I checked Gabby is on a mental health break for the rest of the season. I don't remember if Katelyn was taking the entire season off or just the GP season. Larkin did not impress me at the Olympics (I think that's who it was), but I guess she would be the only one I can think of unless she's taking the season off. Either way, Canada is in danger of loosing their 3rd or maybe even 2 spots. I don't think any of the Canadian ladies will be in the top 12 if neither Katelyn or Gabby will be there.

US has 3 spots: I can see Bradie there. Maria Bell is on the cusp for top 12.

Russia: I expect Zagitova and Tuktamaysheva will be there. I don't get the sense that Russia federation has completely abandoned Medvedva so I expect her to be at the Worlds. Sophia might be the new Russian, but I'm not seeing the over inflated/rising astronomical PCS for her yet.

Japan: I think Kihira and Satoko will be there. 3rd position will be a blood bath.

I think the top 12 will be the 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 1 (or 2) US, Loena, Elezabet, maybe whoever the Korean lady will be going (can't believe they only have 1 spot), Kailani Craine. I'm also hoping Ivett Toth has a good championship.

Edit: If Mirai is competing in Nationals and is in fighting form, I think she will go to Worlds and score in the top 12.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well looking at the topic wording you are asking who will be the top 12 at worlds.

I would say Japan will have in the top 12 Rika, Miyhara and Kaori. Russia will have Alina, Liza and maybe Sofia in top 12. USA will have Bradie and Alycia or Mariah in top12. A Korean lady, Loena, Carolina and Lilbet. Kind of odd that a nation with in 2017 two skaters who were on the world podium now might not even have a one skater in the freeskate though they have three spots. I wonder if Canada can or will fill them all. If Gabby can't compete then Canada's top" ranked skater is a lady coming back from injury who has failed to make the freeskate in her last two major events. Alaine maybe could dig deep and find her inner past? The French also have the potential to sneak into the top 12 especially since one of the Russian ladies tends to implode.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Team Japan:
Miyahara
Kihira
Sakamoto

Team Russia:
Zagitova
Tuktamysheva
Medvedeva

USA:
Bredie Tennell
Meriah Bell

South Korea

Eunsoo Lim

Kazakhstan

Elizabet Tursunbayeva

Belgium:

Loena Hendricx

Finland

either Viveca or Emmi should be in TOP 12

I hope Gabby Daleman will feel better by then and manages to compete.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Don't forget sleeping dragon from Italy, guys.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Team Japan, Team Russia, and Team USA should all end up in the top 12. I predict that will be Kihira, Miyahara, Sakamoto, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, Tennell, and Bell. Maybe Carolina if she's back in form. Loena Hendrickx, Eun-soo Lim, Tursynbaeva, and I think Alexia Paganini from Switzerland might be able to sneak in there as well.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Kihira, Miyahara, Sakamoto (although I would love to see Higuchi/Mihara)
Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva (or maybe Samodurova)
Tennell
Lim (maybe Choi, haven't seen her all season)
Hendrickx
Tursynbayeva

Kostner
Daleman

^^
if the two above aren't participating then Bell and Paganini too :)

If I understood correctly from last year's worlds, United States have two spots, South Korea & France each have one spot.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I really hope Liza Tuk smashes it out at the Europeans so she can go to the worlds! I wanna see her with another worlds medal again.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
France only has 1 spot for the ladies. Number of entries per country can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Figure_Skating_Championships

I like Laurine, but she has not been in top form for the past 2 years. Mae should have it. She won't be top 12 I don't think or on the cusp.

Canada has 3 spots for the ladies. I seriously don't even know who they have that can meet minimum TES for it. Last I checked Gabby is on a mental health break for the rest of the season. I don't remember if Katelyn was taking the entire season off or just the GP season. Larkin did not impress me at the Olympics (I think that's who it was), but I guess she would be the only one I can think of unless she's taking the season off. Either way, Canada is in danger of loosing their 3rd or maybe even 2 spots. I don't think any of the Canadian ladies will be in the top 12 if neither Katelyn or Gabby will be there.

US has 3 spots: I can see Bradie there. Maria Bell is on the cusp for top 12.

Russia: I expect Zagitova and Tuktamaysheva will be there. I don't get the sense that Russia federation has completely abandoned Medvedva so I expect her to be at the Worlds. Sophia might be the new Russian, but I'm not seeing the over inflated/rising astronomical PCS for her yet.

Japan: I think Kihira and Satoko will be there. 3rd position will be a blood bath.

I think the top 12 will be the 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 1 (or 2) US, Loena, Elezabet, maybe whoever the Korean lady will be going (can't believe they only have 1 spot), Kailani Craine. I'm also hoping Ivett Toth has a good championship.

Edit: If Mirai is competing in Nationals and is in fighting form, I think she will go to Worlds and score in the top 12.
USA only has two spots. I think BRadie was 6th last year and Mirai 10th. Mariah was twelfth and with the demise of Canada (Gabby and Kaetlyn - to 12 should be easy.
We mustn't forget about Kostner assuming she comes back - even with a horrific skate she will be held up pc wise to get top 12.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Top 12 is no brainer: 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 2 Americans, then we have Kostner, Lim, Hendrikx, Tursynbaeva.

Podium is of much bigger interest as it is much harder to name now.

If they perform like they did at GPF: Alina, Rika and ... last one is questionable. If Liza is fit enough to compete and do well, then her. If she isn‘t.. one of the Japanese ladies most likely or the second Russian one. Canada doesn‘t have a chance to podium, Caro is probably out of question too due to injury and lack of competitions this season and despite Bradie‘s and Mariah‘s many improvements this season I wouldn‘t bet on them either. I don‘t think Eunsoo or Tursynbaeva could surpass the second/third Japanese/Russian. So, I‘d say it‘s Alina and Rika for gold and silver (in any order, depending on which does better that day) and either Satoko/Kaori (I think they‘ll be the ones to be sent to worlds from team japan) or Liza if she‘s fit. Maybe the other Russian lady, whoever that may be, but that‘s not too likely for either of the options at this point.

If I missed someone, tell me. We can’t really predict anyway. I mean, look at last year’s Worlds and how that turned out compared to what most would have expected. But to my mind, this is the most likely option at this point. There‘s still time to worlds, though. Things may or may not change.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This is a difficult one. There are so many good ladies at the moment....I am personally rooting for Loena but I realise that it's just wishing. But, perhaps at Europeans she may medal. At Worlds it's a different world (pun intended). Rika if she remains consistent, Elisaveta if she's well (please, please, let her be healthy!), Evghenia needs some redemption, Alina can still be on top of her game (and I hope she skates well), and then the rest of the Russia-Japan seesaw will come into place. And I haven't even mentioned Carolina and Bradie yet. It's going to be fierce, fascinating and exciting.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Wow after the ladies event at Russian nationals- will LIza do Europeans? Will Sofia be pushed aside for Stanislava. I prefer Stanislava. She really is beautiful in her skating. I liked her LP and know she missed the double axel and got a UR on ? But her presentation is just gorgeous. I really don’t like that they let juniors who they know have quads so undermine the senior ladies. I wonder has Elena Radionova retired? I thought we might see her. Alena Leonova was just lovely in her short. Best Sp I recall for her. Didn’t see her LP. So maybe Sofia won’t do Europeans? I don’t think they will keep their Oly Gold medalist off the team. Would they not send Medvedeva to Europeans or worlds? She is Olympic silver medalist but all has changed. I didn’t know she would can her sp and go with new one. Or was it a new sp? It might be old for all I know.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Wow after the ladies event at Russian nationals- will LIza do Europeans? Will Sofia be pushed aside for Stanislava. I prefer Stanislava. She really is beautiful in her skating. I liked her LP and know she missed the double axel and got a UR on ? But her presentation is just gorgeous. I really don’t like that they let juniors who they know have quads so undermine the senior ladies. I wonder has Elena Radionova retired? I thought we might see her. Alena Leonova was just lovely in her short. Best Sp I recall for her. Didn’t see her LP. So maybe Sofia won’t do Europeans? I don’t think they will keep their Oly Gold medalist off the team. Would they not send Medvedeva to Europeans or worlds? She is Olympic silver medalist but all has changed. I didn’t know she would can her sp and go with new one. Or was it a new sp? It might be old for all I know.

The European team has been confirmed as Alina, Stanislava and Sofia. Medvedeva is an alternate. Liza has just been released from the hospital and will presumably be recovering/training for Worlds. The other two spots will be decided depending on the results at Euros.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Elena Radionova hasn't retired yet. She's had a back injury that caused her to miss NHK, Skate America, and Nationals, but has been seen helping out the younger skaters in her club and as a commentator for Rostelecom

The European team is Alina, Stanislava, and Sofia. Liza won't be ready to return by then but will likely be at Worlds.

Stanislava popped her 2A into a 1A and URed her second 3Lz.